where to buy beeswax?
Have a small chunk of beeswax that I use for plane soles.
Wanted some more to try the beeswax/turpentine/BLO bench finish. Anyone know where pure beeswax is commonly available?

Matt
Beekeepers generally have some on hand. I'm thinking there should a listing locally.
Google it up. Plenty of places online that sell it.
Almost any natural foods store will have it...
My recent experience was to find someone local. I bought some through amazon and paid about $15 for less than a pound. Also, from what I saw looking at the reviews on amazon for cheaper beeswax that the quality was iffy, so it looks like you have to be careful.

There is a local facebook group for buying and selling things in my area, so I put a post on there looking for beeswax and found a guy selling it for $8/lb.

Bob
Check your local craft shops. Look in the candle making dept.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
I looked around and most health food stores charge a pretty penny for beeswax. I found this vendor through Amazon who sells 1 lb blocks of beeswax for $9.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EESWGZQ/ref=...TE_3p_dp_1
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I ordered mine from WalMart and picked it up.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Yaley-110015-B...e/24932736
For lubing tools and treating leather purity isn't a big whoop.
I just bought a can of sprayable beeswax from Lehman's. This is the same stuff that Mark Harrell at Badaxe Tool Works uses on his saw plates. I bought it to more easily wax complex parts like the gears on eggbeater drills.

They are offering free shipping through Monday for orders over $60 too.

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
I bought a block about 5"x7"x1 1/2" at Michaels Craft Store.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green