Show me your...
What ever you do, make the sacrificial insert round. Hundreds of drill-throughs on one side then flip it over and have a hundreds more on the other.
Bill Lyman said:

What ever you do, make the sacrificial insert round. Hundreds of drill-throughs on one side then flip it over and have a hundreds more on the other.

Oh no...make it square. much easier to make replacements. And you can still flip it and move the table around to get a fresh back up.
Bob
BobW said:

[blockquote]Bill Lyman said:

Oh no...make it square. much easier to make replacements. And you can still flip it and move the table around to get a fresh back up.

[/blockquote]

But you only get at most eight landing places with a square sacrificial insert. I get dozens on each side with my round ones. Making a new one is easy with a router and circle cutting jig.
Bill Lyman said:

[blockquote]BobW said:

[/blockquote]

But you only get at most eight landing places with a square sacrificial insert. I get dozens on each side with my round ones. Making a new one is easy with a router and circle cutting jig.

[/blockquote]

How about octagonal?

chris
Bill Lyman said:

[blockquote]BobW said:

Just move the table around a smidge to get a fresh spot.
Benny

bennybmn said:

[blockquote]BobW said:

Just move the table around a smidge to get a fresh spot.

[/blockquote]
Move the table? We don't need to move the stinkin' table. We just turn the insert! (And, after a while we flippit.
" /> " />
When I adjust the height of my table it usually moves from side to side a little anyway...
Benny

Bump for retention.
I need to build a table...and a lot of other things. I know I won't get to it any time soon, but I have a question about securing it to the OEM table--I see cam clamps in one pic.

How about the rest? How do you secure the auxiliary table to the OEM one? My DP is a 1941 17" Delta.
Semper fi,
Brad

®smpr_fi_mac® said:

I need to build a table...and a lot of other things. I know I won't get to it any time soon, but I have a question about securing it to the OEM table--I see cam clamps in one pic.
How about the rest? How do you secure the auxiliary table to the OEM one? My DP is a 1941 17" Delta.

I put 2, pronged t nuts on the table and use 2 knobs, with studs, thru existing slots in table.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer