vinyl siding mounting block question
Surface Block

I have new carriage lights that I would like to install. Currently, they are just attached to the siding/electrical box, there is not decorative mounting block. I would like to use the above mounting block to "dress" it up a little but I'm not sure how the block stays attached to the siding. Does the light fixture hold it up? I could maybe put some caulk on the top of the block where it meets the lap of the siding.
If you open the link and scroll down you will find another link with the technical specifications and installation instructions for the product.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
or just open this link
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Woodenfish said:

If you open the link and scroll down you will find another link with the technical specifications and installation instructions for the product.

I saw that before I posted this question. That's not the correct product. That is for a new construction mounting block. I went to the website to find to correct instructions but I was not successful.
So you remove a couple sections of siding, attach the block, reinstall the siding.

You will need a tool to unhook the bottom of the siding.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
Yes, the fixture will hold it in place. Or you could add a couple of hidden screws behind the fixture.

Twinn
Will post for food.
That looks a bit different that the trim piece / mounting block I used. However, yes the fixture held up the mounting block. I caulked around the outside of the trim piece with clear silicone.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

i used one of these for the light by the garage door -- worked pretty well. yep, fixture itself holds the block in place, and it's been fine for years now.

i used a thin foam strip around the top and sides where it meets the siding.
I'd get longer screws and use the fixture to hold it on, then caulk at least the top and down the sides to prevent water intrusion.