Dewalt 20v Brushless & free tool - Deal or not?
Spotted this on Amazon today...

Dewalt 20v Brushless driver/drill kit

They offer a free bare tool with this kit - circular saw, reciprocating saw or a 3AH battery. Since my Dewalt 14v tools are showing their age, I'm trying to decide if this is a deal - and if I should go with the circular or reciprocating saw...
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
This time 2 years ago that set sold for $240 on amazon... Otherwise the price has been stable.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/DEWALT-DCK286...B00DG7SYYI
Thanks for the chart - I've been watching prices and have seen they were fairly stable. Refurb kits weren't *that* much less. "Free" tool seems to sweeten the pot as much as anything they have done lately.

Cordless circ saw could come in handy fitting long boards into my Tahoe from time to time. Recip saw could come in handy trimming small branches in the yard from time to time. I'm at a coin toss to which one I would get more use out of....

Dave
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
I waffle over adding a reciprocating saw or circular saw to my Bosch kit for the same reasons. If i don't mind a bit of a rougher cut--the recip can shorten lumber to get it in my vehicle, but i'd have trouble trimming back mulberry with a circular saw. Or cutting tree roots when i'm digging post holes.

At some point i'll add both--probably the reciprocating saw first as i see it to be a little more versatile. Just my thoughts...

earl
Essentially you are buying new, as you aren't updating your 14v stuff. I only start there as today if I was buying new for drill/driver sets I would only look at Bosch, and Milwaukee. All the other brands have left a lot of people hanging over the last few years with no update ability on a lot of their lines, and the move from 12v small started, and 18v has become 20, 24, etc.

That Milwaukee fuel stuff kicks buttocks The Bosch stuff may not be as heavy duty, but darned if it isn't realllllly affordable to use. For a Home owner, handy guy, woodworker either is plenty kick butt enough to get your work done. My $0.02

I still have DeWally XRP, thinking this Spring it all goes to CL. I'm walking away from them.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW