tub removal
I saw a home improvement show and the home owners were trying to remove a tube by busting it up with a sledge. But I could see immediately that it was galvanized stamped steel. Can't bust that up. And cutting it apart will be a chore. I guess you could break up the porcelain coating with a sledge and cut it up with a Sawsall, but is sounds like a lot of work.

Luckily the steel ones are not that heavy.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I cut up a fiberglass one with a cordless circular saw. It was a one piece tub and shower surround. I tried the sawzall, the circular saw was a lot faster. I used the sawzall for a few cuts that were awkward for the circular saw. Aside from dulling blades, the shower sides vibrated so much with the sawzall that there was not a lot of cutting.
If this all sounds like something you don't want to do and have a sawzall get a blade for cutting cast and cut it in half. I think the blades are a bit north of $20. I try to take them out in once piece more often than not as putting something new in usually involves cutting dry wall I just do that and slide the side I have better access to over so the bottom corner can move between studs as I lift it up
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Also was thinking I can see those twin blade circ saws being handy for plastic/FRP tub removal. Smooth cutting and very hard to get into a bind and have the saw kickback.

As for the cast I have removed one in one poece. Never again. What a royal pita. I like cast when it's in place but it's just too heavy to fight with. However the tub in our house is cast and I may try to remove it in one piece because it's a late 50s art deco style tub. That is if I can find someone that wants it.
Robert Adams said:

Also was thinking I can see those twin blade circ saws being handy for plastic/FRP tub removal. Smooth cutting and very hard to get into a bind and have the saw kickback.

As for the cast I have removed one in one poece. Never again. What a royal pita. I like cast when it's in place but it's just too heavy to fight with. However the tub in our house is cast and I may try to remove it in one piece because it's a late 50s art deco style tub. That is if I can find someone that wants it.

The tub in my house is cast iron. I'm going to have it refinished when I get to remodeling.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I use to remove clawfoot tubs fairly often sold them all. When I pulled the one out of my house I bought a new one to replace it. I like them but they are darn heavy. They make them in Portugal nowadays
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I have taken out both steel and cast in one piece, no problem.

One of them was a fairly recent Kohler cast tub. I turned around and sold it on C/L.

Everybody wins that way.
The tubs I have cut out were shower units installed before the walls were up. Either cut them up or knock down some walls.
primer chord.
'nuff said.