A cradle in cherry and maple
This is a cradle I made for my younger daughter in cherry with curly maple bars and birdseye maple end panels. All joints are mortice and tenon (pinned on the base frame) and the only metal pieces are the hanging bolts and carriage bolts fixing the stretcher so it can be dismantled. So far it has survived three grandchildren and a move across country from PA to CA. It now looks to be enjoying an honorable retirement as a toy box!!

Beautiful!

Did you use plans?

If so, from where?

Really nice!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Wow - really beautiful work. Looks like it'll last through at least a few more generations.
Thank you.
No specific plans. A composite of many designs from a google search and sizing from the mattress - why are there so many slightly different mattress sizes?
Wow! Great job and wonderful story. Thanks for posting.
Nice

It looks huge, probably just due to close up pics, what are the dimensions?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Beautiful! Love those two woods combined. Great curl on the maple.
Well done!
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Beautiful!

Nice looking cradle.

Cherry and maple are one of my favorite combinations.
iublue said:

Nice looking cradle.

Cherry and maple are one of my favorite combinations.

+1