So I've got these drill bits
Ted Jay said:

[blockquote]Redman said:

That brad point is just what you need for drilling metal. That being because metal is hard compared to wood and the drill doesn't easily bite into the metal so "skating" is an issue but with wood the drill bit can be pressed into the wood so that it doesn't "skate".

Brad Point Drill Bits are not for drilling metal but primarily used for wood. The spur cutting edges reduce splintering and ensure a smooth, clean hole.

[/blockquote]

I think he meant bullet bits.Vermont American and others make these drills for metal. Similar to a brad point except instead of spurs ,they have 60° angled lips .Not positive of the angle though ,same as machine drills.I think brad points have 82° angles plus the spur point.

mike
That clears things up a ....bit...
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yes, a bit, but which bit?
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Well...
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Pound a nail through and pull it out again. If the hole isn't big enough, get some bigger nails.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Ahh, sage advice.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
blackhat said:

Pound a nail through and pull it out again. If the hole isn't big enough, get some bigger nails.

Awesome. Thanks. I have some bridge planking nails about the size I need.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Make sure you use a suitably sized hammer.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

5-10 pounder?
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Arlin Eastman said:

You are one funny guy. Is this April 1.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020