Shaper with 1/2" shaft -- adapter to use 3/4" bore cutter head?
I've never used a shaper and traded for a 1-hp import knock-off. It's got a 1/2" threaded shaft but the only cutter heads I can find are 3/4" bore. Can I use a sleeve or adapter to use the 3/4" bore heads?

If so where can I find one?

If not, any leads on 1/2" bore cutters?
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
You can find 1/2" bore cutters by Grizzly and others. I have found that a lot of 3/4" bore cutters come with an adaptor for 1/2", and you really only need one set.

They have rims that sit on the cutter and fit in the hole. The hole in the adaptor is 1/2". Only issue is that a 1/2" shaft is not as stable (can chatter more) than a 3/4" shaft.
Bob H.
How about a collet and 1/2" router bits You will find they are far easier on the wallet also
options abound

Nearly every outlet for shaper knives sells the bushings, the T bushings ( you have to have these) and if your machine is capable of it even a bigger spindle.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks for the links. Looks like what I need.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)