Lace Bobbins
I have a cousin who is just getting started doing bobbin lace. I have thought about making lace bobbins before and decided to make a few and surprise her with them. While I was at it, decided to make her a little box for them as well. Bobbins are maple and ebony and the box is spalted cherry.  The bobbins are about 4" long and about 1/4" major diameter. Fun little things to turn and great skew practice.

[Image: IMG_1647_zpsbspu9ppk.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1649_zpsqwounb3h.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1650_zps9ptguzns.jpg]
Steve K

Well done Steve, nice job, and like you said great skew practice.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
You're a very nice cousin.
nice work  [Image: yellowyes.gif]
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I have been going back in turning history here and noticed this.  I sure would like to learn how to do lace bobbins and you really did a great job and with the bobbin holder to steve
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Looking good
If your get real serious about this you can get a special drive from Packard that centers and holds bobbin lace blanks

My DW has been doing Bobbin lace for over 30 years, she got involved in wood-turning and thought she was going to make her own bobbins
She hasn't yet?
Big Grin
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.