Laguna 14 12 Bandsaw: Thoughts?
It is the Laguna 14L, blade length 112", I use the 1" resaw obtained from Laguna.   On the fence?  I made a jig. I have absolutly NO problems with resaw. If I do - it is something I have done wrong.

I trust my square from Bridgecity which I use to check alignments befor I cut some pricy exotics.   I had a problem with the blocks at first, I was sent FedEx a new type, which is present on all now. 

The Delta is back to cutting the curvy stuff. Again, I have no problem, a wise investment on my part. No, I have no connection with Laguna.  Purchased around 2011.  220V, since changed to 110V 

There was a vibration problem at one time, I called Laguna support, told not to tension blade as much, vibration went away. (I had posted a message on this board and all I heard was "your blade is too big"  ""get a Grizzley"  blah,blah, blah.)  Negative. 

I am quite happy with my decision and if you hear any of what I just said, I would ignore it. Choice is yours. The badesaw was a "top choice"  in Fine Woodworking. 

Regards, 

Rick
I bought mine a few months ago and out of the box it worked well. Fit and finish on mine is outstanding and although I have yet to resaw anything over 6", it did well at that. I like the fence although it is something of a compromise but overall I like this saw.
concur. Once you get it, you will be more than happy.
I will be buying one that cuts at 14" for $450 and I am wondering if I need to know anything special?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Update:  I had a chance to look at some Laguna/Rikon/Powermatic machines today.  I think I've zeroed in on the 
Laguna 14bx, 220 volt.  I will report back when the deed has been done.
2.5 hp - that should be a nice one!  If you're not in a big hurry Laguna has a 10% off sale fairly often.  You can also save some money on lights if you buy the magnetic base ones like AgGEM has on his machine.  I got mine at Peachtree.  They're $20 each as opposed to $100 for the Laguna light.

Lonnie

[Image: 20160128_132335.jpg]