Delta Sawbuck
Does anyone have a Delta Sawbuck? Like it? Hate it? I may get one and wondered the opinions....I have seen varying (but few) opinions.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
A friend of mine had one years ago, he liked it pretty well. The limited depth of cut and needing to load the lumber from the side are the only potential downsides I can think of.
I asked about these a few years ago. The general consensus was that I would be better off with the money then that tool. I can't recall any of the specific complaints other than those already stated but there were many.
I had one years ago and if I remembered it took a weird size blade.  I also had a dewalt 5.25 inch scms that took a blade that was real expensive at the time.
They were loved by the siding contractors because of the wide range and length of angle cuts.

Ed
(10-03-2016, 08:35 AM)EdL Wrote: They were loved by the siding contractors because of the wide range and length of angle cuts.

Ed

Yup they were great siding saws for those in parts of the country with sided houses. They weren't really sold here and you rarely saw one since only really old houses have siding.
Will they cut a 2x4?  Seems the gadget factor is pretty high....
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
The "new" sawbuck came out in 1986. I am not sure of the year the original sawbuck came out. Now in 1990 I bought the brand newfangled DeWalt sliding miter saw (all 8" of it) in 1990. So back when, especially for portable work, it was a good balanced frame, with a RAS/panel saw attached. Sure it suffered in capacity numbers, but back then most of the ranch trim was 2 3/4" tall. Today versus the 12" sliders, and add a good frame to make it portable there is no comparison. Buy it as an artifact of an earlier age, but as a tool it's time has gone downstream.
Big Grin

Over the years I owned several of them, and they did what they were supposed to do.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW