Grizzly coupons
Steve, boy would you be confused in my shop. I have Powermatic, Euro made Laguna, Minimax, Sawstop, as well as Yorkcraft and Grizzly. Other than the Euro machines I'm of the opinion that the biggest difference is in the color of the paint. I have no brand loyalty. I do try to support local businesses when I buy if possible but that is about it. I find the machine that best suits my needs and buy it. While cost is always a concern it is never my number one priority. If it comes down to two basically identical machines with different paint colors then price does play a major roll. I have, and have used enough Grizzly equipment to say that the difference in quality today is almost nonexistent. In fact, I have one Powermatic machine I would gladly trade for a comparable Grizzly machine (drill press) if given the chance. The stigma that some people have with Grizzly equipment may have ben justified 25 years ago but no longer applies in my mind.
Most likely they do what other companies do. And that is to reduce inventory before the end of the year. Inventory that carries from one year to the next is taxed. So it's best not to have allot of inventory carry over. It's a dumb tax code as it hurts vendors and customers. 

My dad used to run a AGAP  (nationwide remanufactured engines) at the end of the year they would cut way back on assembled engines as they were taxed a higher rate for assembled engines vs unassembled.... 

Which dc did you get. I need a new and bigger one. I was really tempted to buy that two bag shop fox that was on clearance. It's a bagger but that's a deal for that much airflow. Would prefer the big cyclone though. I had an old onieda as in it was galvanized steel and it wasn't much better than the mmedium sized bag units.
Robert, my original plan was to buy the Grizzly 5 hp cyclone. After looking at my application and the requirements for my shop I decided the G0441 3 hp cyclone would suit my needs better. Unless I was willing to put in some monster duct work I just didn't feel the additional hp would be much advantage. If the costs were close I may still have gone with the 5hp but the cost difference was $1000 and the difference in the performance just wasn't enough to justify the cost. Honestly I probably could have got by with a 2 hp unit but I like my lungs so I wanted the most powerful unit I could afford and fit within reason.
Read Arlin's comment about Grizzly offering veteran's a discount. I wasn't aware so emailed The Griz and got this answer:

Yes, Grizzly is proud to offer military discounts to service members multiple times during the year in the form of a coupon that can be applied to a future order with us. If we have your email address on file you should receive our specials.  If you do not receive them in your inbox, you may want to check your Spam folder and/or add Grizzly to your address book. You may also find specials in our advertisements in woodworking and metalworking magazines, so we recommend checking any of these magazines you may subscribe to.  If you would like to sign up for coupons and specials, please visit http://grizzly.com/sign-up. Please also check our website frequently for military discount promotions.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(02-18-2017, 12:56 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Robert, my original plan was to buy the Grizzly 5 hp cyclone. After looking at my application and the requirements for my shop I decided the G0441 3 hp cyclone would suit my needs better. Unless I was willing to put in some monster duct work I just didn't feel the additional hp would be much advantage. If the costs were close I may still have gone with the 5hp but the cost difference was $1000 and the difference in the performance just wasn't enough to justify the cost. Honestly I probably could have got by with a 2 hp unit but I like my lungs so I wanted the most powerful unit I could afford and fit within reason.

That's the one I'm looking at as well. I too would like the bigger one but...  I'm in the process of greatly improving air quality in the shop as I have been told it and the crap I had been breathing in on const job sites is not doing me any good. Also buying a couple more air cleaners for the shop as well.

With the cost difference between the 440 and 441 the 441 is the way to go.
Robert, instead of spending a bunch of money on air cleaners I just took some 2200 cfm box fans and built an enclosure for them. I spaced them all through my shop on the ceiling and put MRV 13 filters on them. I then waited a switch to operate them all. It took care of most of the airborne dust. The only issues I have now are related to not having enough CFM at my tools. Even with not having sufficient dust collection virtually no fine dust lands on flat surfaces. I can see they are catching a lot of dust as I use a shop vac with a HEPA filter to vacuum of the filters once a week. They catch a ton of dust. Hopefully once I install and plum my new dust collector in most of the airborne dust will go away. My dust collector does still vent inside but it is in its own dedicated room and the air has to travel through a series of sound baffles and filters to get back in the shop. By the time the air gets back to the shop I think anything the cyclone lets through its filter should be caught by my other filters.  Air quality was becoming a serious problem for me. I am in a shop 60-80 hours a week and I have been getting some pretty serious nose bleeds from excessive dust. It is defiantly something everyone should pay attention to before it becomes a problem.

photo E63833E8-9139-4311-A415-5C5C8604679D_zps1pgpwvqt.jpg
I have been receiving the Grizzly emails for years and have never, not once, gotten a coupon. I get emails from them almost daily too.
-Marc

(02-20-2017, 11:03 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I have been receiving the Grizzly emails for years and have never, not once, gotten a coupon. I get emails from them almost daily too.

I have gotten two coupons in 8 years. don't hold your breath
Laugh
Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Yah

I only seen a coupon once in 5+ years and did not have the funds to buy what we needed so I put up here for others to use.

They are sure stingy in the discounts.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.