Sharpening router bits
This method works much better than the DMT stone I was using:

https://woodgears.ca/router_lift/sharpen.html

I tried it on the beater flush trim and rabbet set bits I keep for rough work.  I'm not going to tell you the result was as good as brand-new Whiteside, but about as good as I'd get from new inexpensive bits.

I wish I had a finer diamond disc, though.  I need like a super-fine disc.  I'd like something equiv. in grit to what the factory uses.
He sums it up well: "You've got nothing to lose, because there's not much use for a dull router bit."

It's interesting that very fine diamond loose grit is cheap, but it's much harder to find bonded to a disk at a reasonable price. Bonded grit is presumably needed for this type of task. I wonder if there is any material that would let you easily embed and use the loose grit.
Dynamic Saw will sharpen straight style router bits for $4 each.  I use a fine diamond paddle when I have to, but take them to DS otherwise.  

John