A wood turned Easter Egg
Wife asked could I make an Easter egg tealight for the season. This is maple and the base is spalted beech. It's also my first time using google photos so we'll see how that goes.

[Image: hrfHIj-StgtXyEx9pWWDDsCLXJnBh_NZFOO864UY...83-h643-no]

[Image: eDv75z4QT7frst7xDeoRAMB9uLCwB1vGJPz82nJd...22-h643-no]

[Image: pSxL8n8aoyHhwyAmAZfvkO-TcPRddni2T2ou2X2H...24-h643-no]

It's turned to about an eighth, hollowed, and then burned.
Steve K

Stunning!  Marvelous detail and really pretty.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Steve

You did a wonderful job buddy.  Wonderful and love the detail and Wonderful.  I did repeat myself tho.
Big Grin
Did you do a video on this?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Beautiful work,Steve.They will be a big hit.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
darn that's great!
Thanks All! Arlin, I did not, maybe somewhere down the road.
Steve K

Happy Easter to you and family.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
wow, that's a really stunning turned egg. I like the approach, and the tealight (presumably battery powered, otherwise it'll be awesome for about an hour
Wink).

Superb and you nailed the shape! (mine always seem to suck... eggs.... oy, that actually made me wince) anyway, I never get a good shape on mine. Still trying with practice chunks from time to time as a skew exercise.

Best,
Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem