Shop jobsite silliiness
Okay. On the jobsite and in the shop there's certain tools my guys and I have named just to be silly. Trying to keep it light. Wanted to know if anyone else had any good ones or if I'm crazy. I am crazy just not certifiable. I've got two festool 125 sanders one named "the colonel" the other "Barry". All levels are called plumb sticks. The oscillating cutters we've named "weasels" not sure why maybe because of the noise. Glue has recently been named "liquid cow hoof". I'm sure there's others I just can't remember at this time. Anyone else got any.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
Was helping a guy install some sheet rock last week.

We needed to "persuade" a piece to fit.

We did not have anything except his 3 pound hand maul.

Now, when we need it (for something other than sheet rock), we ask for the "sheet rock maul".

As an additional bit of information, a "sheet rock maul" is real handy to install new sheet rock - but you will also need some extra joint compound after installation.  
Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Our former music minister loved DIY projects around the church or any church member's home.  Cliff had a nickname for every thing and everyone.  When he had a project, I would get a phone call and he would say "Holta, I'm having a party, be here....".  If someone made a mistake, he'd say "a little poooky will cover it" or "we're gonna need some wide poooky for that one".  Poooky is caulk.  He also came up with the "fifty feet" rule... "Leave it, no one can see it from fifty feet".  You would never guess he was particular and personally paid close attention to detail.

Jobsite silliness can make a long hard day enjoyable.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Of course caulk is pookie. I knew that even as a child.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
I have done a lot of work with a Canadian. It took me w a while to learn his language- osb is barker board.
Anything that is hard to lift is " heavier than a dead preacher". I have never been around a dead preacher, but I don't argue with him

I forget names. Everything is "Ole' Betsy".
lectric woodcutter with the sliding doohickey 

[Image: slider002_zpsd8455fbb.jpg]
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Hey you got the same dust collector dodad I used to have. Believe it's called a push broom.

Can't remember calling any of the tools when I used to work with them anything except what they were. A few of the guys weren't too swift, and making names would have cornfused them.

Now LOML knows that the Dood is the stud finder, and Zippy Bob is any retractable tape measure. Plus she calls levels flatlanders. All her names, voiced as we have done our own homes repairs.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have called gizmos with electronics Fred.

F*#$&@!
Ridiculous
Electronic
Device.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
A few from the ol' locomotive backshop...

WD40 = Squirrel pee.
Railfans = Squirrels, Squirrels with Bushy Tails, FRN's, Foamers. It just depends on how far off the deep end they are.....
Old dirt and grease = Schmutzz (old).
Thread lubricant = Schmutzz (new).
"Too Big" = "tubig". The "u" is silent.
"Too Tight" = "Tommy Tight". Long story.....
"Hammer" = "Yamma".
"Coffee" = "Yawfea".
"Wrench" = "Wench".

When you are about to hit something for the last blow, and you know it will make a big noise when it drops, you go ahead and do it. Then warn everyone else after the fact. "Noise!".

Many of the locomotives have names, given by the crews that use them.
The names generally sum up the characteristics of a particular unit. "Arnold Ziffle" is one. You can guess why.
My favorite name is "The Lackamotive". Shop queen.

Tattoo - "Bozz, the train,.. the train!!".