U-POL UP2001 Fish Eye Eliminator
U-POL UP2001 Fish Eye Eliminator

has any one tried using this in oil base polyurethane ?
I called CS and they said they don't know if it will work. I don't want to buy a bottle and find it doesn't work.
I like using Fisheye preventer on problem furniture due to silicone.
The product I had I bought 45 years a go and worked great in lacquer and polyurethane. Couple drips in a quart is all I needed, the company is no longer in business. bottle is almost empty.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I can't tell you about U-Pol's fish eye product but I do know it (or other similar products) is used in body shops. Some painters put it in their paint even though they are voiding the paint warranty. Generally it's used in automotive clear-coats. I use it. I put a drop, 2 drops at most in 8 oz of clear-coat.

U-Pol isn't highly regarded in the body-shop industry. More of a DIY product line.

Fisheye eliminator is silicone in another "carrier" liquid. The liquid is generally some sort of a low VOC solvent. The silicone breaks the surface tension on the sprayed clear coat allowing it to flow over the contaminants that cause fish eye. Too much and it will cause the clear-coat to run. Still, the key to eliminating fisheye is to make sure you have a clean, dust free surface prior to spraying.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-12-2017, 07:15 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I can't tell you about U-Pol's fish eye product but I do know it (or other similar products) is used in body shops. Some painters put it in their paint even though they are voiding the paint warranty. Generally it's used in automotive clear-coats. I use it. I put a drop, 2 drops at most in 8 oz of clear-coat.

U-Pol isn't highly regarded in the body-shop industry. More of a DIY product line.

Fisheye eliminator is silicone in another "carrier" liquid. The liquid is generally some sort of a low VOC solvent. The silicone breaks the surface tension on the sprayed clear coat allowing it to flow over the contaminants that cause fish eye. Too much and it will cause the clear-coat to run. Still, the key to eliminating fisheye is to make sure you have a clean, dust free surface prior to spraying.

Thanks
what product did you use?
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I use an RM and a Glasurite product. They're probably the same thing. Both are BASF paint lines. I typically use the same brand as tbe clear-coat, that way I have a warranty. I don't know if the stuff I use is any better than the U-Pol.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Fish eye eliminator isn't a cure-all. You still need a clean surface. Again, one drop, maybe two at the most, even in a quart.

... Kizar Sosay