Increase BTU's on Weber Summit s420 Grill?
Is there a way to increase the btu output on propane?
Not safely, if it is already set at the rated "wc.

The pressure can be tested with a manometer on the output while the appliance(s) are operating.

In a home appliance situation- no- it will affect all the appliances as the adjustment would be at the tank.

On a outdoor stand alone cooker and bottle, I wouldn't suggest it, but perhaps the regulator is not set correctly? You can have it tested.

Increasing output can involve the orifices sizes, but this can get into burner capacity as well and complicated.
(11-04-2017, 01:49 AM)00lightning Wrote: Is there a way to increase the btu output on propane?

Yes there is.  It requires the proper size drill bit to enlarge the orifice  on each jet.  I did it here several years ago on my Jenn-Air   As I recall the original BTU rating for each burner  was in the area of 3,200  used a #56 bit .0465.  However a 3/16 is very close at .0469.   Gets somewhat hotter and works great.
Bill B
I did this to a Vermont Castings grill, but mine was NG. It helped.  I was trying to get more seasonal time from my grill. When it got to 50 out, I was more than done. It wouldn't cook hamburgers correctly.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
(11-04-2017, 01:49 AM)00lightning Wrote: Is there a way to increase the btu output on propane?

You can also replace the regulator with an adjustable one...the one's that come with them are sealed to specific pressure...

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-20psi-...dpSrc=srch
fred@kingstonco.com
Opening up the orifice by a few thousands will increase the quantity of fuel at the same pressure. The air mixture will also need to be adjusted. This is/was done when changing appliances from propane to natural gas. I do not recommend anyone to do this. Have I done it? Yes.  I used welding tip files; one size larger than the largest that fit. Does it work? Yes, I have a Coleman stove that will now boil water in a modified pressure cooker faster than I can use the steam. Plenty for a steam box and lots more than a commercial wallpaper steamer. Just don't do this because I suggested it. We're all responsible adults here, right?
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Have you queried the manufacturer?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Quote:You can also replace the regulator with an adjustable one...the one's that come with them are sealed to specific pressure...

The grill is on the house propane system pressure.
(11-09-2017, 02:00 AM)00lightning Wrote: The grill is on the house propane system pressure.
On my grill, I drilled out the burner holes, and the orifice on the control valves.
That with a higher pressure, adjustable, regulator, made a big difference.
You have to adjust the air shutter also to get the proper airfuel mix. 
Oh, changing to lava rocks also helped.
Regulator with hose was $15.  Lava rocks came out of neighbors garden.
Major improvement!

A friend asked me if I wanted the old grill, that need cleaning and new burners.
I looked and it was all stainless! Except for the casters.
I jumped on it and replaced the 3 burners ($10 for 3) and after low temps, did the mods above, and all is well.

Most grills are only part ss and rust before too long.

If you decide to do the mods, I would buy an extra burner. That way if you go too big on the holes, you have an extra. Or in a few years, when a burner rusts out, you have a spare.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer