Videos on building a spec house
I've found a YouTube channel called ESSENTIAL CRAFTSMAN.  He's an experienced builder that's publishing videos about the entire process of constructing a spec house.  The most recent video is about building a retaining wall on the steeply sloped lot he has chosen.  He's promised to take us through the whole process; foundation, framing, finish carpentry, etc....

I'm really enjoying it.

Essential Craftsman

Mike
Thanks for posting this.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

What he says about soil compaction at 4 minutes is exactly what the contractor did to my property that was built in 1962!  50 years later I had to replace a 40' section of foundation and the contractor had to dig 12' below grade to get to virgin soil.
(11-18-2017, 08:10 AM)carwashguy Wrote: What he says about soil compaction at 4 minutes is exactly what the contractor did to my property that was built in 1962!  50 years later I had to replace a 40' section of foundation and the contractor had to dig 12' below grade to get to virgin soil.

He really seems to know his stuff.  I can think of more than one occasion where I wish I'd found a builder like him instead of the one I hired   
Rolleyes