Mild Bessey rant
3finger
Peachtree wood working shows some 4 for 6 bucks or there abouts
I got a couple sets not to long ago from them they have two different styles it says they both fit k body's
Go to Peachtreewoodworking look in clamps scroll to bottom of page they have lots of clamp repair stuff
Sam
Ten years for replacement parts isn't very long.  What if they did that for automobiles?  They already would have the molds, and it sounds like it is a consumable.  How much storage space would a bunch of replacements require?
(01-10-2018, 04:37 PM)oakey Wrote: 3finger
Peachtree wood working shows some 4 for 6 bucks or   there abouts
I got a couple sets not to long ago from them they have two different styles it says they both fit k body's
Go to Peachtreewoodworking look in clamps scroll to bottom of page  they have lots of clamp  repair stuff
Sam

Thanks oakey.  I'll check it out.

Later - Called Peachtree. No go. On their website, but they don't really have any.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
Take that end clip off and the clamps have a "hanging hole" great way to store them
You're right, but you comparison is for a 20-30k car vs a $30 clamp.

You know the cost involved in stocking and sending a clip or two at a time? Not to mention they probally had a manufacturer make them....and I bet they don't make a couple hundred on a run....I wouldn't be shocked if it was 10k or more minimum.

Not to mention for them...is it better to have a ten year old clamp break....and have the diy'er go spend $40 on a new clamp....or lose money sending them a $2 hunk of plastic when they clearly wen with a new design.

What makes us happy as consumers doesn't always make for a profitable business.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(01-12-2018, 10:50 AM)packerguy® Wrote: You're right, but you comparison is for a 20-30k car vs a $30 clamp.

You know the cost involved in stocking and sending a clip or two at a time? Not to mention they probally had a manufacturer make them....and I bet they don't make a couple hundred on a run....I wouldn't be shocked if it was 10k or more minimum.

Not to mention for them...is it better to have a ten year old clamp break....and have the diy'er go spend $40 on a new clamp....or lose money sending them a $2 hunk of plastic when they clearly wen with a new design.

What makes us happy as consumers customers doesn't always make for a profitable business.

Even when you change the word?

Wink
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Just to be clear, the gal I spoke with at Bessey said they stopped making these at the same time they stopped making the clamps.  The only ones available were apparently what was left in the pipeline.  There apparently was little consideration given to those who had bought the old K-bodys.  Those of you with Revo style better get your spares now while you can to prepare for the day they do another cosmetic upgrade.

What also bugs me is that it is a crap part in the first place.  A shop environment can be a rough place.  Despite our best efforts, sometimes s**t happens.  The end of a wood clamp is no place for a part made of brittle plastic.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.