toilet issue
This morning before leaving for work I flushed the toilet and a small plastic flashlight fell off the counter and into the toilet.  It flushed down the toilet and did not resurface.

The toilet freely flushes liquids.

The concern is that the flashlight will be lodged in the toilet and prevent solids from passing.

What steps should I take?  It resembles the one below.  It is about 3" long and about 3/4" diameter.  No lanyard.

[Image: 240pcs-Super-Bright-Plastic-Portable-Min...Hiking.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Just keep using it. If there is a problem you'll know it.

Here's a little tip... If it's stuck, it should be stuck in the toilet. I pulled a toilet 3X before I realized my plug was a toy stuck in the toilet trap.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(01-09-2018, 11:14 AM)Cooler Wrote: What steps should I take?

Call a broker, list the house.

Avoid burritos until the closing.
(01-09-2018, 11:48 AM)CLETUS Wrote: If it's stuck, it should be stuck in the toilet. 

I agree. Carefully check the trapway with a closet auger to see if you run into an obstruction. Toilet trapways have some pretty sharp bends.

http://www.ultimate-handyman.com/wp-cont...iagram.jpg
Would a regular snake work? I have one of those in the house.
(01-09-2018, 12:26 PM)Cooler Wrote: Would a regular snake work? I have one of those in the house.

From afar, this is a great thread.

I'm sure for you this isn't so amusing...

You came to the right place though, these guys will help you solve nearly any problem.
(01-09-2018, 12:26 PM)Cooler Wrote: Would a regular snake work? 

A closet auger would be better. A snake will scratch the trapway at the bottom of the bowl. A closet auger is also larger in diameter and easier to use.
(01-09-2018, 12:35 PM)Lynden Wrote: A closet auger would be better. A snake will scratch the trapway at the bottom of the bowl. A closet auger is also larger in diameter and easier to use.
Thanks.  I just looked it up and Lowe's has it in stock for $12.00.  I will pick one up on the way home and keep it handy if  the the crapper craps out.
Smile
You might want to try the auger BEFORE someone else tries a number 2. Just sayin’.
(01-09-2018, 12:51 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: You might want to try the auger BEFORE someone else tries a number 2. Just sayin’.

That's a concern.  I think I will do just that.  It could get very messy otherwise.  

Right now I am in the middle of a remodel of the guest bathroom so this is a one-toilet house at the moment.  Another area of concern.