Daily Bench Shot
[Image: IMG_2735.JPG]

(01-21-2018, 11:54 AM)EdL Wrote: Thanks John,

Yes, thats my trusty old 743.

Ed

How do you get it through that small door?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(01-21-2018, 04:40 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ha Ha, well there is a time and place for everything; exotic beer is best had at a bar, micro breweries, and that is very nice.  Standard beer, well, I "head for the mountains!"

I was just talking about this sort of thing with my girlfriend and some of the local microbrewery brewers and staff.  The general consensus is that it is nice to have a "standard" to recalibrate with.  If all you drink are fancy IPAs then you tend to loose your ability to taste the differences.

The guys at the local microbrewery use Bud Light as a calibrator for doing batch tastings.  B.L. is so consistent that they also use it for training by adding small amounts of the compounds that give the off-flavors.  Makes it very easy to learn to detect them even in very small concentrations.

I've started using Coors Banquet Beer (the bottles) as my calibrator.  Nice to have one once in a while and it is pretty good stuff.  Still enjoy finding new beers though.
Smile
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin

Not much going on the bench today. Doing another project in the house.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

800 series Ford?

Ed
Yes. 1956 860
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Working on a new mirror for the bathroom.

Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(01-24-2018, 07:54 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. 1956 860

Cool  We have an 850. Grandpa bought it new.

Ed
(01-24-2018, 08:01 PM)2beast Wrote: Working on a new mirror for the bathroom.

I see you have some of that wormy wood too.
Cool

(01-24-2018, 08:02 PM)EdL Wrote:
Cool  We have an 850. Grandpa bought it new.

Ed

I've had this one since about 2002. Got it from Dad after he passed. He had it about 20 years I think.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Putting lipstick on the pig tonight......repairing the worlds cheapest built Hoosier cabinet so loml can slobber more paint on, distress it and sell it to some fool.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)