Daily Bench Shot
(04-23-2021, 07:32 AM)WxMan Wrote: This is more of a report of what I've been working on the past three days.  Working on a new living room bannister/rail with son-in-law for their home remodel.  The old rail was getting rickety and was not up to code.

Major assembly together.  Wood is poplar and the iron work is powder coated.  Son-in-law got the iron online from a fabricator in Houston with short lead time at a very reasonable price.  Powder coating was done locally.

Sitting in the new location, but not yet fixed in place.  Needs sanding, some epoxy work to cement the iron frames and ballisters in place, and then paint.
Very nice.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Here's your sign.

Brenda wanted a sign to give to her hair stylist. I guess he says this phrase...

CNC cut from MDF. Most of the work is in finishing.

About 9x6 inches, 3/4" thick.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Today's task is a rebuild of a boat seat.  The back board is rotten.

Trying something new with 1911 grips today.  I engraved the pattern 0.010" deep before layering the pattern to color it.  The effect on the texture of the grips is fantastic.

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Packing up and moving on...

[Image: i-GH7FmpP-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(05-04-2021, 11:22 AM)Aram Wrote: Packing up and moving on...

[Image: i-GH7FmpP-M.jpg]

Where are you moving to?
Dumber than I appear
(05-05-2021, 01:11 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Where are you moving to?

New house in the area. If the builder/seller's lawyer stops arguing with their lender's lawyer and we ever close. In the area, better place for me long term.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(04-23-2021, 07:32 AM)WxMan Wrote: This is more of a report of what I've been working on the past three days.  Working on a new living room bannister/rail with son-in-law for their home remodel.  The old rail was getting rickety and was not up to code.

Major assembly together.  Wood is poplar and the iron work is powder coated.  Son-in-law got the iron online from a fabricator in Houston with short lead time at a very reasonable price.  Powder coating was done locally.

Sitting in the new location, but not yet fixed in place.  Needs sanding, some epoxy work to cement the iron frames and ballisters in place, and then paint.

Very nice. You putting up a rail on the wall there also?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-06-2021, 12:07 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Very nice. You putting up a rail on the wall there also?

I was only asked to assist with the construction of the railing shown.  I don't know what Alex intends to do (or has done) for hand railings.
Working on this design this week for this 1911 grip.  My 1/64"R Tapered Ball Nose comes in on Thursday and I'll try to carve it then.   I'm trying to better define the laser design on the 3D model.

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here