Daily Bench Shot
(05-27-2021, 05:48 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Odds and ends projects continue to hold the assembly table down.

Nice setup with enough room to play with the truck.

Sweet 
Smirk
(06-04-2021, 07:44 AM)daveginger Wrote: I am a spammer
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(06-04-2021, 07:44 AM)daveginger Wrote: Could you tell the size plz? length height width

Spammer.

BAM!!!
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(05-27-2021, 06:19 PM)Tankwood Wrote: Nice setup with enough room to play with the truck.

Sweet 
Smirk

Uhuh. I can get 4 of those in here with the tools and lumber. 5 actually, if I consider the addition.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Woodworking has slowed down a bit as major projects completed and the warmer weather meant it was time to do some fishing.  I've been dabbling in carving some spoons, and decided I want a spoon mule to make it easier.  Based on some YouTube vids, I kind of kluged some ideas and started half-a**ing a mule.  Basic frame is first, and I'll start working on the seat and head tomorrow.  Still need to trim the legs so I get the sitting height right and level it out.

(06-16-2021, 04:03 PM)WxMan Wrote: Woodworking has slowed down a bit as major projects completed and the warmer weather meant it was time to do some fishing.  I've been dabbling in carving some spoons, and decided I want a spoon mule to make it easier.  Based on some YouTube vids, I kind of kluged some ideas and started half-a**ing a mule.  Basic frame is first, and I'll start working on the seat and head tomorrow.  Still need to trim the legs so I get the sitting height right and level it out.

Cool
Cool
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Still working on my Bench, but as Norm used to say....."We are gaining on it..."

I need to cut to final size, complete the base add the LN vise hardware and Bob's your Uncle
Smile

The bench top will be a full 4" thick sized at 7' long and 25" wide - LN Twin Screw face vise and LN Sliding tail vise.  

The bench top alone weighs close to if not over 350 lbs.  I should have built this when I was younger!

[Image: IMG-0893.jpg]
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Well, here's the spoon mule as it currently sits.  It's operational, though it can and will be changed as preferences change.

I'm trying a different approach with the seat.  Most just have a "butt seat", and that's what I was going to do.  Even glued up a blank to start hollowing and shaping.  Them LOML asked, "Why don't you use the mower seat that's up in the loft?"  Why not, indeed?  It would save time and recycle an existing item back into use.

The mower seat may not work out.  First, the arm rests are in the way when in the down position, and their steel supports are an integral part of the seat frame.  If they're still in the way even when in the up position, the remedy is to cut them off with the angle grinder.  I'll change it out if it just won't work.  As it is, the only "waste" on that detour is a 14"x14" piece of scrap ply and an 8" piece of scrap 2X4.

The shave head is a kluge of ideas I saw on line.  Like the rest, it can be changed as I use the setup.

The clamping mechanism holds tight.

(06-21-2021, 09:57 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Still working on my Bench, but as Norm used to say....."We are gaining on it..."

I need to cut to final size, complete the base add the LN vise hardware and Bob's your Uncle
Smile

The bench top will be a full 4" thick sized at 7' long and 25" wide - LN Twin Screw face vise and LN Sliding tail vise.  

The bench top alone weighs close to if not over 350 lbs.  I should have built this when I was younger!

[Image: IMG-0893.jpg]

Wow.

I'm pretty certain the Government has a rule requiring special markings and lights to make sure airplanes won't try to land on that!  
Big Grin  

That's going to be an amazing bench.