Laguna SS14 spindle sander
Hey all, I am in the market for a spindle sander and I have been looking at the Laguna SS14 . For the price of a Jet I can get it with a stand and a 3" spindle. Or... just get the Grizzly closed stand for a few hundred $ more with all the spindles? There is not a lot of user information out there so I was hoping to get some user feed back here. Thanks!
(02-05-2018, 01:16 PM)stonefox Wrote: Hey all, I am in the market for a spindle sander and I have been looking at the Laguna SS14 . For the price of a Jet I can get it with a stand and a 3" spindle. Or... just get the Grizzly closed stand for a few hundred $ more with all the spindles? There is not a lot of user information out there so I was hoping to get some user feed back here. Thanks!

I can't help with the Laguna SS14 or provide a lot of info on spindle sanders, but did recently purchase a Ridgid Oscillating Edge Belt / Spindle Sander and while my use thus far has been limited, I am quite satisfied with it.  The factors leading to my choice was the multi-purpose capability of switching between the belt and spindle sander mode, the apparent quality of the machine, and the price point (particularly since I also just purchased a Laguna 18BX Bandsaw, and a couple hundred dollars of material for a combination workbench / assembly table).  I will be using and storing the machine at my workbench / assembly table and the convenience of having the sander near the bandsaw for quick & easy use, and being able to move & store the machine beneath the table when not in use allowing the space to hold another tool I may be actively using works best for me.
Grizzly has 2 enclosed base floor models.  The T26418 is only  $479 but and only comes with 2 spindles.  If you are talking about the G01071,  I have it and am happy with it.  I was not happy with the Ridgid.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(02-13-2018, 06:05 AM)CARYinWA Wrote: Grizzly has 2 enclosed base floor models.  The T26418 is only  $479 but and only comes with 2 spindles.  If you are talking about the G01071,  I have it and am happy with it.  I was not happy with the Ridgid.

Thanks for the reply's. I tend to be leaning towards the 1071 as it has been around for a very long time and a lot of people have it in their shops and are happy with it. I was hoping to get some user reviews of the Laguna but, due to lack of replies here, it seems there are very few owners of this piece of Laguna equipment.