"laochra aingeal"
I have been wanting to make a piece that reflects my heritage " Celtic" I'm Scottish, Irish, Welch and English. I started this piece back in December it's 90% hand carved after turning the main body on the lathe. I'm calling this one "laochra aingeal" (angel warriors) 
11" W x 12" T Sapele & Sterling Silver. I did take some help from a Dremel on this piece grinding away some large bits w/ a 60 grit drum sander, the rest I carved w/ the same tools I used on my other pieces and I got two new sets of carving tools for Christmas. Also for Christmas I got a new camera and some lighting I'm still learning how to use the equipment. C&C always welcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yowza!!!!
Very impressive.

Cool
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
You beat me to making one like that.  My Granddaughter and I drew up something like that on paper - the gargole with sward two years ago and now it makes me want to get to it right away.  Well after two other projects that have been waiting for a year anyway for someone else.

Well done.

I am also part Welch and only a small part.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thank you Gary and Arlin.... I look forward to seeing yours Arlin.
Oh my gosh!  That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thank you very kindly Bill.
That's really nice! Well done!
Very nice of you to say Frank.
(02-09-2018, 10:41 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Very nice of you to say Frank.

Wow!!!
Top Notch!
The one we drew did NOT have those beautiful legs on them.  For the legs and ball feet did you fit them to the bowl by placing sandpaper in the bowl and while spinning up the legs up to them so they form a perfect match?  Or did you do it differently?  How did you learn to do the flaw feet?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.