Performax CrossCut Miter Saw Parts
I am looking for a source for parts for a Performax model 240-3687 sliding cross cut miter saw. Specifically the vacuum adapter that is shown on page 10 of the manual.

I called the 800 number listed in the manual and they suggested I do a Google search since they no longer support this tool. Very helpful - not really.

Thanks,

Bill
Isn't the Performax sold by Menards?  I am pretty sure mine does and maybe you can ask them for one.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Is that a re-branded Delta Saw?  I entered that part number and they referred me to a Delta saw:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/search...q=240-3687
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I tried Arlin's suggestion of calling Menards customer support.

I also used the updated version of this saw which is a model 240-3688.

Here are the results of this process.

The following number is listed as Menards Customer Service
800-871-2800
They answer as -
Big Cards Customer Services
The first thing they ask for is your account #
You can press '0' to get a real person
They identify themselves and tell you they are based in Nevada
The service rep was very nice and said they don't offer any product support - just charge account assistance
I asked if Menards actually has a customer service center and I was told they do not - my best chance is to call the local store

I called the local Menards store
I spoke with .... and was told they would contact the vendor for me. I was not provided the vendor number.
I asked if they were looking at an exploded view of the tool. They were not.
At that point I ended the conversation.

I called the number listed in the manual
866-858-2664
They answer as Consumer Support Center
I spoke with Theresa
She was very polite and extremely helpful
She was able to access an exploded view of the tool
She converted it to a format I could open on my computer and sent it to me via e-mail. She confirmed I had received the document and I was able to view it before concluding the call.
The document did not include part numbers but it was a complete view of the tool with item numbers.
With this information I feel relatively confident I could request a part for this tool.

Conclusion - Menards customer service - or lack thereof - for purpose of equipment repair is non existent.

As long as the product has not been discontinued and you need parts for a Performax tool call the number listed in the tool manual.

Bill
Menards is not alone.

I bought one of these sanders from Home Depot:

https://www.thdstatic.com/spin/71/100061...rofile=400

For some reason that totally escapes me, they have a removable key that can disable the sander.  I lost that key.  Home Depot had no way to replace the key at the store or on line.  I found the part from a parts place.  

They seem not to be interested in any after transaction service.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Well I am glad you got some nice people to talk to and some help from Menards.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Why would you expect the retailer to supply parts for a tool. That's the tool companies job. IE the manual for the saw says to call them. And the drum sander is a ridgid tool, most likely it says in the manual to contact ridgid. Big stores just sell stuff they aren't a tool sales and service store. 

Now I had an issue with depot a couple years ago. I bought a riding mower from them and they delivered a used mower not the mower I bought. Corporate wanted nothing to do with it and did absolutely nothing. The local store looked all over trying to find another new one and in the end they offered a solution but it took me walking to the back to get the back manager to get involved as when the CS  desk called back he wasn't interested.
(04-20-2018, 12:26 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Why would you expect the retailer to supply parts for a tool. That's the tool companies job. IE the manual for the saw says to call them. And the drum sander is a ridgid tool, most likely it says in the manual to contact ridgid. Big stores just sell stuff they aren't a tool sales and service store. 

Now I had an issue with depot a couple years ago. I bought a riding mower from them and they delivered a used mower not the mower I bought. Corporate wanted nothing to do with it and did absolutely nothing. The local store looked all over trying to find another new one and in the end they offered a solution but it took me walking to the back to get the back manager to get involved as when the CS  desk called back he wasn't interested.

I am thinking he did because I told him Menards sold it.  He then got with Menards and got the info to the company so with a few phone calls he got the right place.  Round about way but still same results.