Mini Max
Did Mini Max go out of business?  I have tried to locate them on the web and cannot.  Did someone buy them out?  I have one of their bandsaws and was trying to locate them in case I needed a part.

Thank you,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
(04-18-2018, 07:34 PM)Herb Wrote: Did Mini Max go out of business?  I have tried to locate them on the web and cannot.  Did someone buy them out?  I have one of their bandsaws and was trying to locate them in case I needed a part.

Thank you,

Look up scmi - part of the scm group.

https://www.scmgroup.com/en_US/scmwood/p...d-saws.895

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(04-18-2018, 07:34 PM)Herb Wrote: Did Mini Max go out of business?  I have tried to locate them on the web and cannot.  Did someone buy them out?  I have one of their bandsaws and was trying to locate them in case I needed a part.

Thank you,

This is where you need to go for parts:  SCM - Parts Pronto

John

Thank you,

Thank you all very much!!
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
(04-19-2018, 07:30 AM)Herb Wrote: Thank you all very much!!

Anytime

SCM also has a link to parts there too.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

If SCM are true to their tradition they will not even know the meaning of the word "spare parts" if your machine isn't made anymore.

They make excellent machines but their so called aftermarket service is halfways between a disaster and a joke. However there are no parts on a bandsaw which cannot be made by a skilled machinist somewhere locally.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English

Thank you,

If you hear back from SCM, please post here -- and alert the news media. I've found them to be a black hole. Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Is the SCM issue a USA issue or global for them.  I will say that when I called them with a question about how to remove the beds from a 1970s Rockwell (made by SCMI) 12" jointer they had a field service tech with a name like Guedo call me.  When he wasn't sure he had another 30 year veteran call me with another deeply Italian name.  They no longer had parts, but that didn't surprise me for a 40 year old tool.  This was maybe 8 years ago so things may have changed.  I do have a friend from Canada with terrible stories on their support for his new 24" bandsaw.  A part missing in shipping and another damaged.  SCMI was zero help, like ZERO.  He ended up having a part fabricated locally at his cost.  I won't buy SCM as a result.  Service means a lot to me...joe
(04-21-2018, 11:06 AM)Aram Wrote: If you hear back from SCM, please post here -- and alert the news media. I've found them to be a black hole. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

After seven days I have now heard back from SCM with my password so I can register and login. That does not look very promising!
Herb
(04-26-2018, 05:50 PM)Herb Wrote: After seven days I have now heard back from SCM with my password so I can register and login. That does not look very promising!

You are doing better than me.  They never got back to me when I tried to register a couple of years ago.  I'm sure they would be of no help anyway if I ever need a part from my 198X J/P.  

John