forum emails
How do I stop all the emails that I receive from the FORUMS I am subscribed to? My INBOX is filling rapidly  for each posting in my subscribed Forums and I cannot keep up. It is FORUM SPAM.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

it's a setting you can change.  Right up top, under "Welcome back, GeorgeV" there is a link to "User CP"

Click on that.  Along the left, there is a menu.  Under "your profile" there is a gear icon with a link labeled "Edit options" click on that.
Under "messaging and notifications" there is a box labeled "Default Thread Subscription Mode"  Select "do not subscribe"
This is usually something you can select when you get an account for a forum, so it pays to look at the options they give you. Too late for woodnet, I know.

That will not unsubscribe you from threads, so you probably have to go back over to the menu and look at the subscribed threads under "miscellaneous" I don't have any subscribed threads, so I'm not sure how you unsubscribe.
(04-26-2018, 09:49 AM)EricU Wrote: it's a setting you can change.  Right up top, under "Welcome back, GeorgeV" there is a link to "User CP"

Click on that.  Along the left, there is a menu.  Under "your profile" there is a gear icon with a link labeled "Edit options" click on that.
Under "messaging and notifications" there is a box labeled "Default Thread Subscription Mode"  Select "do not subscribe"
This is usually something you can select when you get an account for a forum, so it pays to look at the options they give you.  Too late for woodnet, I know.

That will not unsubscribe you from threads, so you probably have to go back over to the menu and look at the subscribed threads under "miscellaneous" I don't have any subscribed threads, so I'm not sure how you unsubscribe.
TNX Eric, it has been driving me crazy trying to find the right setting. My email INBOX has been getting over-loaded with notifications.
George

Red Green

(04-26-2018, 09:49 AM)EricU Wrote: it's a setting you can change.  Right up top, under "Welcome back, GeorgeV" there is a link to "User CP"

This is usually something you can select when you get an account for a forum, so it pays to look at the options they give you. Too late for woodnet, I know.

WELL, AFTER TRYING NO NOTIFICATION AND OTHER SETTINGS, NOTHING WORKED AND I FINALLY JUST UNSUBSCRIBED FROM THE FORUMS.

IT IS A SHAME THAT I NEVER HEARD FROM THOSE IN CHARGE.

MY EMAIL BOX WAS JUST FILLING UP WITH NOTIFICATIONS OF POSTS AND WAS EXTREMELY ANNOYING
George

Red Green