T-Splice direct burial Romex?
Many years ago, I ran power to my shed via a ~100 foot length of direct burial romex...  It's simply plugged into a GFCI outlet.

I now have a fence along the back property line...  mere feet from where the romex is buried.

I'd like to put a few electrical outlets on the fence for convenience.  I've found underground splice kits...   does anyone know of an underground "T-splice"
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Whoops..  Wrong forum!
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Morris Kit

I've not seen a T but I've done what you are trying to do. Cut the cable and install a Morris kit with a new wire to the new box and run a new wire from the box to the open cable and install another splice. Then just connect the new outlet the same way you'd do it in a wall box on a multiple receptacle circuit. Pretty sure you need conduit from the new box, down the fence post into the ground.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(06-12-2018, 04:07 PM)FireWood Wrote: Many years ago, I ran power to my shed via a ~100 foot length of direct burial romex...  It's simply plugged into a GFCI outlet.

I now have a fence along the back property line...  mere feet from where the romex is buried.

I'd like to put a few electrical outlets on the fence for convenience.  I've found underground splice kits...   does anyone know of an underground "T-splice"

Is there any way you could run another wire back into the ground on the 'load' side of the gfci plug?  First of all, this would protect all those outlets on the fence on the same GFCI connection.  Secondly, I would think that a buried splice would be not up to code, just like an inaccessible junction box in a wall is a no-no.  If you ever had a problem with the circuit, you'd have to dig up and verify the splice isn't corroded...etc.

I'm no expert on the topic, just my initial thoughts.

Colin
(06-12-2018, 04:07 PM)FireWood Wrote: Many years ago, I ran power to my shed via a ~100 foot length of direct burial romex...  It's simply plugged into a GFCI outlet.

While it would be a little more work can you cut the underground wire past the post where you want the first outlet where the length will reach the outlet then add a piece of wire that would go to the next post where a junction box could be installed and the other end out the cut wire could be dug up and spliced on the post.   The more underground splices there are the more likely there will be a future problem on one of them.   Roly
(06-13-2018, 12:51 PM)Roly Wrote: While it would be a little more work can you cut the underground wire past the post where you want the first outlet where the length will reach the outlet then add a piece of wire that would go to the next post where a junction box could be installed and the other end out the cut wire could be dug up and spliced on the post.   The more underground splices there are the more likely there will be a future problem on one of them.   Roly

This is what I would do to avoid underground splices.  

that said, underground splices are valid if necessary.  when I sold my house, septic inspection showed a cracked tank.  I wasn't surprised since the tank was almost 40 years old.  In process of replacing the tank, the backhoe caught the 90A feed (2-2-2-4) aluminum to my shop and ripped a hot leg and the neutral.   My real estate agent called the electrical inspector,  he came out and looked at it and told us what we had to do to splice it.  I spliced it, he came out again the next day and signed off.
(06-13-2018, 12:51 PM)Roly Wrote: While it would be a little more work can you cut the underground wire past the post where you want the first outlet where the length will reach the outlet then add a piece of wire that would go to the next post where a junction box could be installed and the other end out the cut wire could be dug up and spliced on the post.   The more underground splices there are the more likely there will be a future problem on one of them.   Roly

I probably can't do quite that...  but I can do part of it to eliminate one underground splice.  Good suggestion.

Thanks All!