Delta DP-600
There is a Delta DP-600 drill press near me that's for sale at $250. I currently have a Grizzly benchtop drill press and was thinking of replacing it. Anybody here have the Delta or know enough about it to make a recommendation?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I used to have a dp600. Theyre a nice press, at 14” capacity. Very stout. They make floor or bench top models and different table lift optiins also. 250 if in nice condition is fair imo.
(09-11-2018, 07:55 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: There is a Delta DP-600 drill press near me that's for sale at $250. I currently have a Grizzly benchtop drill press and was thinking of replacing it. Anybody here have the Delta or know enough about it to make a recommendation?

That is a 17" drill press.  If in good condition with no broken castings or missing parts, I would jump all over that for $250.00 and walk away feeling like i stole it.  There will be no comparison between that and your Grizzly benchtop.  

Greg
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
If that is the old 17" press, its quite a machine.  I had one for a short amount of time and flipped it because I had gotten three presses altogether and didn't have the room to do much to it, so it was flipped.  They are very heavy buggers, typical 40's era overbuilt.  No comparison between something like that and current import machines.  250 isnt a bad price, considering that much of the older iron has been bought up so what does show up generally goes for more.  But at that price, I would want it to be complete and operational.  It may still need bearings and a good cleanup.  BTW, I don't think the model was actually dp 600, I think that was one of the casting numbers, I think it was just referred to as the 17" drill press.  Somebody will probably come by and correct or confirm this Im sure.
Dave,
I have a 60's model of that machine and can honestly say it's a beast.  Probably drill most anything you throw at with the right drill bits of course.  At $250 I would call that a pretty good deal. Just my .02 cents.  You might want to make your way over to the OWWM.org site and do a little research there.  I'm sure there is plenty of info.

Bob