SawStop Folding Outfeed Table
I just found out that SawStop makes a folding outfeed table for their 3 HP cabinet saw.

Anyone her have one?
- How far does it stick out when folded down?

I have a very small shop, so the idea of a outfeed that would fold down appeals to me.

Thanks in advance for any comments/inputs.

Cheers . . .

Billbo
Smyrna, GA
You'll love the utility. I built one for the SS at work and it hardly ever gets folded down. It's even doubled as an assembly table. If you wanna spend the cash for the Sawstop branded one feel free. I think a solid surface may come in more handy than as a purely dedicated extension table. Check out April Wilkerson's video on building one. She made her own hinge and I used a piano hinge. Whatever floats your boat
Big Grin

Here's mine 

Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
I also built an outfield table for my ICS SawStop. It came with a warped table extension. SawStop sent me a replacement and was not interested in my returning the warped original. I removed the warped support piece and replaced it with a straight one. Then I cut the table extension in half and attached one half to the saw. I hinged the other half and added folding legs. It works great in my crowded shop. Here are photos:

[Image: 31024261488_6d79676030_c.jpg]IMG_0246 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

[Image: 31024278418_b00b3cb26d_c.jpg]IMG_0251 by Hank Knight, on Flickr
(09-24-2018, 06:50 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: [Image: 31024261488_6d79676030_c.jpg]IMG_0246 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

IMG_0251 by Hank Knight, on Flickr
Your router table looks special. Did you fabricate it yourself?

Simon
(09-24-2018, 08:56 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Your router table looks special. Did you fabricate it yourself?

Simon

It's a Bench Dog cast iron table extension. I bought it when I bought the SawStop. At that time nobody made one that was wide enough for the SawStop Industrial Cabinet Saw (ICS). Most saw tables, Delta Unisaws, for example, are 27" deep; the Sawstop table is 30" deep. The Bench Dog table extension is 27" wide and would fit my old Unisaw fine, but it was 3" shy of fitting my SawStop. I fabricated two spacers from 1 1/2" square heavy aluminum tubing to fill the gaps. Now Bench Dog and others make a 30" router table extension for the SawStop ICS.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/30-x-...uter-table

Hank

UPDATE:

Apparently Bench Dog (Rockler) does not sell a 30" router table extension for the SawStop ICS. SawStop, however, has started making a line of cast iron router table tops and extensions and has one that is designed for the ICS. It's pricy, for sure. My 27" Bench Dog was not nearly as expensive as the SawStop one.

Hank
Thanks.

The SawStop router table add-ons are not cheap indeed.

Simon
I have the challenge of a small shop as well.

When the SawStop table is folded down it extends out about 1.5 inches at the top. On my saw, I have the ICS mobile base. With that base installed the table rests against the mobile base at the bottom extending out farther than at the top.

You might also consider that when the top is folded down it blocks the dust port. The interference is more significant if you have the overarm dust collection adapter in place.  You will either need to use a 90 elbow (not optimal), or remove the dust hose when you fold the table down. I use a quick disconnect on my dust hose but it's still a bit of an inconvenience to have to pull the hose every time I want to drop the table.

I can email you pictures tonight if it would help. If so please PM me an email address.
Wow!  Great inputs!  Thanks to all!

Now I need to do some thinkin'/figurin'. 
Smile

Cheers  . . . .

Billbo
Smyrna, GA
(09-25-2018, 07:53 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: It's a Bench Dog cast iron table extension. I bought it when I bought the SawStop. At that time nobody made one that was wide enough for the SawStop Industrial Cabinet Saw (ICS). Most saw tables, Delta Unisaws, for example, are 27" deep; the Sawstop table is 30" deep. The Bench Dog table extension is 27" wide and would fit my old Unisaw fine, but it was 3" shy of fitting my SawStop. I fabricated two spacers from 1 1/2" square heavy aluminum tubing to fill the gaps. Now Bench Dog and others make a 30" router table extension for the SawStop ICS.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/30-x-...uter-table

Hank

UPDATE:

Apparently Bench Dog (Rockler) does not sell a 30" router table extension for the SawStop ICS. SawStop, however, has started making a line of cast iron router table tops and extensions and has one that is designed for the ICS. It's pricy, for sure. My  27" Bench Dog was not nearly as expensive as the SawStop one.

Hank

Nice and clean installation. I'm a little confused - does Woodcraft still sell the product in the link for $395? Looks like it's actually a Sawstop product, as they mention the return policy to Sawstop. Do you have a separate fence for your setup?

Thanks,

Doug
(09-25-2018, 12:56 PM)ridgeline Wrote: I have the challenge of a small shop as well.

When the SawStop table is folded down it extends out about 1.5 inches at the top. On my saw, I have the ICS mobile base. With that base installed the table rests against the mobile base at the bottom extending out farther than at the top.

You might also consider that when the top is folded down it blocks the dust port. The interference is more significant if you have the overarm dust collection adapter in place.  You will either need to use a 90 elbow (not optimal), or remove the dust hose when you fold the table down. I use a quick disconnect on my dust hose but it's still a bit of an inconvenience to have to pull the hose every time I want to drop the table.

I can email you pictures tonight if it would help. If so please PM me an email address.

I have a Sawstop PCS with no outfeed table so this thread is interesting to me. Could the problem with the dust hose interference be solved by crating a U-shaped notch in the table that would fold down flat around the dust collection port? Seems like it would not make much difference with the function of the outfeed table itself.

Doug