Tiling Question
My wife picked this sort of wood looking porcelain tile. Some are mosaic, 8x48 planks, and 12x24. I was starting to mark the 12x24's and noticed the pattern could be matched with the six tiles in the box. Looks like they are manufactured in a long strip and cut later.

After I noticed this I thought maybe I should match them but now I'm thinking I probably should mix them well. Are you supposed to mix them like you do for wood flooring?

Thanks
Tile is a blank canvas. Play with them on the floor and see what looks best to you and your wife...

4ft, that's a looong tile.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I'd mix them rather than trying to match. You won't likely be able to match the whole floor and some mixed and some match will look odd...but all mixed will look like the pattern of a "normal" hardwood floor.
(10-24-2018, 06:12 AM)JosephP Wrote: I'd mix them rather than trying to match.  You won't likely be able to match the whole floor and some mixed and some match will look odd...but all mixed will look like the pattern of a "normal" hardwood floor.

I agree.    Doubt you  could match the whole floor unless you lay them all out first assuming enough matching pieces were there.   Roly
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, mixing is probably what you are supposed to do - doubt someone would have a job to have 6-tiles in a row everywhere.

These are not for the floor. Too much stuff on cable. My wife saw a show where they wainscoted the walls with tile. So using the 8"x4" tile there. Also using them in a herringbone pattern on the back wall of the shower. Mosaic on the shower tray and just up the center of the left/right walls. Then the 12"x24" on the sides of the mosaic strips. Whooooo.....

Our house is about 30 years old and the grout started failing in the shower so I was just going to redo the shower area - exploded into a huge project. Should look like a showroom when I'm finished. I use that Schluter Kerdi system to seal the shower walls and floor.

Mike