Anyone own a Delta Model 14-650 Hollow Chisel Mortiser
[attachment=14468]This one has to be the most popular model, so I assume some of you own one.

Anywho, you know the piston thing (technically, it is called the stabilizer) that keeps the mortiser in the upright position?  Well, at the upper end of mine, I broke off the "ball" that goes into the "socket".  I can't figure out how to get the ball out of the socket now.  

The socket does unscrew which I've done.  In the picture, you can see my pen pointing to the ball that's wedge in to socket.  I've tried a utility knife and an awl to pop it out, but it won't come.

Since this part unscrews from the stabilizer, I'd rather just buy this little housing (plus I'll need a new ball stud).  But I can't seem to find just the little housing without needing to buy the entire stabilizer.  I've tried ereplacementparts.com and the ball stud is discontinued and I can't just buy the little housing.

Where do you buy Delta parts?  (Amazon has new ones, but not parts)

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
DP
i had one of those mortiser's that return cylinder is called a gas strut look at ball studs for gas struts
there is lots of web sights that have them
parts for delta tools are sketchy at best as you stated ereplacements has some parts
delta is out of business except for the name
google ball studs for gas struts and google gas struts
the first company to come up for me was [Associated Spring Raymond ] and it has ball studs in many sizes
the picture you show is the back side of the assembly to remove the ball with out totally wrecking the holder
i would just drill a small hole from the back and punch out the broken ball
the whole assembly is also available in different sizes i do not know if they have them that will fit your strut [stabilizer ]
mine failed at one time also and i found a whole similar gas strut assembly for about 20 dollars but that was some time ago
i got rid of mine as it was a poor working tool from the get go
The "new" Delta still makes the 14-651.  You might look at the diagram on their parts site on Deltamachinery.com to see if that part is similar and available.
Bob
(11-20-2018, 09:44 AM)oakey Wrote:   I
would just drill a small hole from the back and punch out the broken ball

This
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

As a f/u here, I did drill a small hole in the back and punched out the ball.

I aslo found the correct size for the ball studs, ordered 2 and I'm all set.
Dumber than I appear