Christmas light clips for eaves
(12-19-2018, 08:39 AM)GeorgeV Wrote: Lee Valley has a clip for the gutter
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...3326,51918

I like the assertion that "you can store the lights with hooks in place".  I have enough trouble untangling a light reel without hooks!

Matt
(12-19-2018, 08:39 AM)GeorgeV Wrote: Lee Valley has a clip for the gutter
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...3326,51918

2 nights ago my daughter said she wanted icicle lights on the house. I bought the lights, no clips to be found.

I just used utility wire, pull out 6 inches, clip it with the wire cutters, fold and pinch it on the edge of the gutter, bend up the bottom into a "J", hang the lights, pinch the "J" closed, move the ladder 5'. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

When my wife got home at 9pm, the kids were sleeping, I'm on a ladder hanging Christmas lights using a headlamp for light... all I hear when my wife came around the corner was "Oh, Dear, God" 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I just watched a video where a guy ziptied his light string to short - 2' or so - lengths of 3/4 PVC pipe then clipped those in the broom hangers he screwed to the eaves. When you take them down, storage is a breeze because you just fold the light string and bungee the pvc pipe sections together. I wish I'd learned that trick a long time ago.
Yes, I saw that video. Or one like it. To get to the tallest areas on our place,
that may be my ultimate answer.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Sometimes I think outside of the box (and yes; I can solve the puzzle). How about installing LED strip lights just once? Maybe if they're just below the drip edce the won't show too much during the rest of the year. Also you could change them to purple and pink at Easter, then red, white, and blue for Independence Day!
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"