Another US made hand saw source
(12-18-2018, 10:50 AM)Christopherandco Wrote: Bang for the buck, you can't beat his $99 dovetail saw. He advertises quite a bit on social media and is active on IG, quite a few videos showing this saw in action.

I think the Veritas dovetail saws at $76 each is a pretty good deal.  Not knocking the new guys' saws, but if you're looking for value, you have to consider the Veritas saws.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-18-2018, 10:20 AM)Blacky Wrote: I've been busy at work mostly. Been at this "new" place for almost 2 years and still love coming to work every day. Still freaks me out a bit how lucky I am to have landed this job.

But I still have time for an occasional woodworking project. I recently rehabbed an old 1" Greenlee bevel edged chisel that my friend found in the wall of his old home. It was a mess and the handle was mangled. So I cleaned up the chisel, flattened the back and formed a new bevel. I sharpened it using my good old Japanese Super (water) Stones (yeah, I sill have them) and stropped it on my leather hone. It was sharp enough for surgery! That old steel took an edge like crazy! Then I turned a new handle from applewood using my LN chisels as a pattern.
Good to see ya again Dom......and glad you like the job!!! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

My new 20-inch rip just showed up, today. Gadzzz!!! The shipping fee was a shock! The big Stores with volume sure can spoil an online shopper with low and no fees. 

I would guess 10 tpi/ppi is a bit too fine for ripping.  It will go in CC mode also. It has a nice looking cherry(?) handle and good feel for a smaller hand, but one could do some reshaping of the wood to expand the fit. 

Cool
no pics didnt happen?
(02-08-2019, 10:05 PM)mongo Wrote: no pics didnt happen?

+1 
Yes
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
Some of Erik Florip's saws are now available from Garrett Wade.

[Image: 26s0101_dovetailhybridsaws_main.jpg]
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(02-08-2019, 10:05 PM)mongo Wrote: no pics didnt happen?

Really???

OK, I'll go dumpster diving and look for the shipping label. And, there's lots of nice pictures on the Florip website. I want to make a few adjustments before bothering with any of my own images.

FYI, the only ID is a CNC cut "F" on one of the bolts.

Winkgrin
(02-09-2019, 02:30 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Really???

OK, I'll go dumpster diving and look for the shipping label. And, there's lots of nice pictures on the Florip website. I want to make a few adjustments before bothering with any of my own images.

FYI, the only ID is a CNC cut "F" on one of the bolts.

Winkgrin

No offence meant hbmcc....  was a prety standard thing on this forum back in the day.  hope you enjoy the new saw
(12-18-2018, 10:50 AM)Christopherandco Wrote: Bang for the buck, you can't beat his $99 dovetail saw. He advertises quite a bit on social media and is active on IG, quite a few videos showing this saw in action.

His saw prices are unbeatable because he's vertically integrated (business term that he manufactures the item and then sells it at retail). If he decides to go through distribution, expect that $99 saw to be $169 at retail. In other words, if you want one of his saws, buy it now!
(02-10-2019, 07:43 PM)mvflaim Wrote: His saw prices are unbeatable because he's vertically integrated (business term that he manufactures the item and then sells it at retail). If he decides to go through distribution, expect that $99 saw to be $169 at retail. In other words, if you want one of his saws, buy it now!

I think he is already there, with Garrett Wade. 

FYI, without any web shilling; mine is simply a saw made by a local small business. Personally, I need to do a lot to make it work comfortably for me, no more so than a new Garlick & Son or Sheffield made saw requires, which it is comparable to. 

The Florip will have a home in my travel case. I have always had trouble using short saws--since outgrowing grade school.