New Project, just a desk...
Your Mom sick or your Wife?

Either way I will be praying for her and you.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Mom is going into Hospice care.   Myself?   BAD Maigraine last night...was put in the hospital overnight. 

day after a maigraine headache ...sucks.   Nothing looks the same, bright lights are a no-no.
Managed to get a few dovetails cobbled up   

At least enough for a dry fit on the back corners..
Cool

Will do a full write up, when I get to feeling better...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
OK, see how this goes.   Through dovetails....need to lay out a few tools...first
Winkgrin 

Mainly to lay out a few lines for this to follow, or stop at

This is my dovetail saw  Seems to do a decent enough job
Cool  

For me, it is pins first....
Rolleyes

Then a mallet and a sharp chisel.   chop about 1/2 down, and leave a bit for support, for when I flip the board over..
Cool

And chop the rest out.   Then use these pins to mark out the tails...bandsaw to make a few cuts...simply because I can see the cuts being made better....I need to saw on the waste side of the lines,  trying to leave the lines 

Then chop out the waste, the same way I did with the pins....

Then try a dry fit 

A little snug?   I can pare a pin or two...better than being too loose
Got both ends of the back done set those over on the desk..
Cool  

Which leaves the tails out in front to do...using the pins as a layout  
Cool

And, about this point, that migraine hit...hard
No  closed up shop for a while....
May be a day or two....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Been a long, strange weekend
Rolleyes  Finally was able to sneak down to the shop for a bit, until I felt tired and sore....about an hour or so
Rolleyes 

Those "pins"?    Used those to lay out the tails..

Much better, when I can actually SEE what I am doing....
Winkgrin Bandsaw to make a few cuts.   Chop a bit on this face, about 1/2 way down.  then flip this over..

And finish the chopping.   At least I get to sit down doing this job
Cool  Then a dry fit, or 3...

Until this end fits.  Then repeat for the other end.....and then another dry fit 

And a view of the side?
Cool 

Still a dry fit, nothing glued up.  Clamp is because I needed things to sit still, while I get the "Thins" marked for size
Cool  

This one is for a couple drawers to sit on.  Need to mill a stopped dado for it to sit into the sides, and up against the back wall.   Had to plane it S4S. 

These will get a few pencil grooves.   Have a thin strip for along the back edge of these 

Ends of this one also sit in a dado, pencil holders get glue and nails. 
And that was about it for today....will see what the week allows...stay tuned  
Winkgrin
Enjoying the ride.
Take care...
(01-13-2019, 04:50 PM)AgGEM Wrote: Enjoying the ride.
Take care...

+1

thanks Bandit!

Winkgrin
Doing short shop times...work a while, rest a day....Today's was about making pencil grooves, and a mortise, or two.

My Stanley 45 doesn't have the small "cove" cutters, it has a 3/4" wide one...a little too wide for pens & pencils to sit in...Had to scrounge up a small cove bit for the router..
Uhoh 
Could not think of a safe, easy way to mill grooves with a hand held router....hmmm
Confused Happen to have a Vintage Router, with it's own table...

Table itself is a SKIL,  about the same as Norm Abram started with.   Router?

An all-metal, B&D 1/4" collett.   Takes these two wrenches to change the bits..

Set up the cove bit, fence is my homemade do-everything guide/fence..
All this, just to mill 4 grooves?  
Winkgrin 

Then remove the bit, and set the router table back into it's place in the shop..

Until the next time I need it..
Next was a couple of these..things
Rolleyes

Behind the pencil/pen holders is a thin strip of hardwood.   Holders get glued to the front. thin strip sits in a dado at each end...hand saw to start this excavation
Rolleyes 

Chisels to get this ready for a test fit..

Then figured out where a mortise needed to go, to hold one end of the drawer runner.   Drawer reside on this, with the top of the case preventing any tipping.   Runner does not need to go all the way to the back.   I'll cut the drawers' sides long enough, that they will reach to the back.
Cool

And, that was it for today.   Tomorrow, I can chop the other two slots...and maybe start on the resaw stuff..
Confused
Stay tuned..
Winkgrin

Attached Files Image(s)

I do think those are the best dovetails I have ever seen you make.  Very nice.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I used to have the same small router table.  Served me well until I built a new one in my table saw wing.

Phil
If nobody minds...I'll be taking a few days off from the shop.   Mom passed away this morning, have a Funeral to get ready for....
Sad
No