Ridgid TP1300 Shelix cutterhead
I have had this planer for years and it runs great.  I'm about to buy the Shelix cutterhead for it.  

If it would die, does anyone know of any current planers that this cutterhead would drop in to.  I have seen this model of planer rebranded, but the one I have seen on amazon already has helical cutterheads.  

I really don't want to buy a knew planer as this one has been well cared for and shows no signs of stopping any time soon and would significantly add to the investment.

Thanks.
(01-08-2019, 11:12 AM)Andydiy Wrote: I have had this planer for years and it runs great.  I'm about to buy the Shelix cutterhead for it.  

If it would die, does anyone know of any current planers that this cutterhead would drop in to.  I have seen this model of planer rebranded, but the one I have seen on amazon already has helical cutterheads.  

I really don't want to buy a knew planer as this one has been well cared for and shows no signs of stopping any time soon and would significantly add to the investment.

Thanks.
How close does this look?

https://www.cutechtool.com/product-p/40200h-ct.htm
mail@byrdtool.com

Ask the folks that make them -- they're good people and should be able to give you a good answer.
Laugh

I live about twenty minutes away and have been there a couple of times.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I see these planers fairly regularly on Craigslist. I bought one myself for $75. It was in great shape and has all of the tools and extra set of knives.  If you can't get a new replacement, a used one is likely readily available.