Grrrpr use on Bandsaw
You might suspect that I am a bandsaw beginner and you would be right. With that in mind, I have two grrripr push blocks (the expensive model) and some replacement legs. If they have application in the world of bandsaws I'll keep one otherwise they will appear in S&S at an attractive price.

If there is an application in the bandsaw world, please describe it for me. TIA
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I think a good application for the Grrrprrrr blocks are for re-sawing. You've got the two tabs drop down to give it force to push and it's flat up against the work piece hold it against the fence straight through the cut.
Bruce.
I use one for re-sawing on the bandsaw. I like it. Just my two cents.
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
my sister lost the tip of her thumb using her bandsaw.  But it really depends on what you are doing with your bandsaw.  I usually resaw with mine, so the Grrrrper is pretty useful for that.  Just got some of the heel tabs for them
+1 on using it for resawing
Semper fi,
Brad

These are great on a jointer or bandsaw ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

[Image: 71ekt9H1iRL._SL1500_.jpg]
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
As many here know, I work extensively with MicroJig, and use GRR-RIPPERs in my shop extensively.

If you resaw against a fence, one GRR-RIPPER is sufficient. The sides of the GR are perpendicular to the base, so you can use it vertically to hold and push the stock against the fence.

If you do not have a fence, use two GRs on their sides clamping the stock between them and “steer” through the cut. 

MicroJig has a ton of video on their site and YouTube channel showing all sorts of uses for their products.

Also, feel free to reach out to me and I’ll be happy to talk with you about it.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I have a question about using the Gripper. I like the Gripper, but I have had it slip when ripping a board on the tablesaw. I use the backstop to avoid this, but sometimes I have to feed the board without using the backstop.Is there a way to clean the pad of the Gripper to keep it from slipping?
(03-30-2019, 09:37 AM)JSpill Wrote: I have a question about using the Gripper. I like the Gripper, but I have had it slip when ripping a board on the tablesaw. I use the backstop to avoid this, but sometimes I have to feed the board without using the backstop.Is there a way to clean the pad of the Gripper to keep it from slipping?

Try cleaning it with denatured or common rubbing alcohol. Wipe the green bottoms of the legs with the alcohol and a clean cloth.

If that does not immediately and dramatically improve the grip, email me at support@microjig.com and we will help you figure out the issue.

Wax from the saw and oils/resins from the woods can build up on the legs causing slipping. I clean mine  about once a month even if they are not slipping just as routine maintenance.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.