Dovetail Jig Dust Collection
Hi, guys

Just thought I'd share my experience with the new dust collection system for the Porter Cable 4200 dovetail jigs built by Leigh. The Leigh VRS1200 works as advertised by collecting (easily...) 90% of the dust generated when cutting dovetails with the router.

It was an easy install

[Image: 01ZSdov.jpg]

And really does work like a charm...
Yes 

[Image: YMIAMTt.jpg]

This is after 5 drawers. Granted not a big sample, but it would have easily been much worse - and I would have been wearing a fair amount of the chips & dust...

[Image: aqM13OL.jpg]

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I know there are a lot of the PC 4200 series jigs out there, and this is a worthy addition. Speaking for myself, I wish I had paid more attention to dust collection when I started making sawdust. I've used this jig for a lot of drawers, and I would have bought this sooner had it been available..

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good idea.
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
I have the vrs for my Leigh jig. I didn’t realize it worked with non-Leigh dt jigs. Is that one made specifically for the pc 4212?
Something new Leigh made for the Porter Cable Juss.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(04-08-2019, 07:59 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Is that one made specifically for the pc 4212?

Yes it is.
Yes

Actually, any of the 4200 series Porter Cable jigs...

I forgot to add that I have no affiliation with Leigh.
Winkgrin
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(04-08-2019, 07:59 PM)Juss1 Wrote: I have the vrs for my Leigh jig. I didn’t realize it worked with non-Leigh dt jigs. Is that one made specifically for the pc 4212?

(04-08-2019, 10:46 PM)Big Dave Wrote: Yes it is.
Yes

Actually, any of the 4200 series Porter Cable jigs...

I forgot to add that I have no affiliation with Leigh.
Winkgrin

Interesting.  Good accessory. 
Cool
Dave

Just wondering if that was by a vacuum cleaner or DC?  I am thinking there is a difference on how it will suck up the chips???
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Just a standard Shop-Vac, Arlin.
After a little googling I found this accessory.

https://www.rockler.com/vrs1200-vacuum-r...etail-jigs

Looks like a decent accessory. But at $78.00..... I might fashion one up
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I ordered the VRS1200 the day it was officially announced. The owner of my local Woodcraft had told me it was in the works several months earlier, so I had been watching for it. I was amazed at how well it worked the first time I cut dovetails with it attached to the jig. I always had to wear a shop apron and sweep up the chips and dust between boards in the past. Using the VRS1200 with a standard Shop-Vac almost completely eliminated the chips and dust. It was wonderful!

Scott