how useful is a cordless circular saw
Finally had a chance to use the new saw.  I like it better than my Porter Cable. Cuts really well, and I like the brake.
I have the 18v version that I use the 20v batteries with the Dewalt adapter. I use it mostly when I cut 12 foot rough cut boards in the back of yard storage garage that has no power. It has enough power to cut numerous boards.
Gilbert
I have an 18v Dewalt that I picked up cheap a few years ago. I've used it a few times but not enough to make it a "must have" tool. The NiCad batteries are now so old that they don't want to take a charge.  Since I've not used it in months, I'm having a hard time justifying spending $$ on new ones that might or might not get used before they go bad.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
I wouldn't buy new nicads, that's just wasted money.  If you wait for sales, Dewalt is basically giving away the lithium adapter with a battery purchase.  Or you can buy a Chinese clone adapter for $25 on amazon.  Of course, you can also buy the nicads on amazon for about the same price.  I had just as good luck with them as with the Dewalts.  

I'm really liking my new saw, it's probably going to replace my corded saws for most applications.
My only complaint about my cordless circular saw is the safety switch which is not always easy to apply (depending upon the position of the saw during the cut).

Addendum:  I just looked at images of cordless circular saws and they all seem to have this switch.  Do the modern corded circular saws have that safety switch?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Yes....the safety police are everywhere.

Some are more annoying than others.

I prefer it on top of the handle.

Ed
that safety switch takes a little getting used to. I know I used it recently and it wouldn't start because of the switch.  I guess it's for all 5 people worldwide that have taken the guard off of their saw.  And the guys that flipped it upside-down and are using it as a tablesaw. I'm sure there were injuries that led to the implementation of a switch.  Some other tools have had it for a long time, angle grinders maybe?