Best tool money you've spent
A specific tool would be a difficult choice for me to make as lately it seems that every time I use a tool, I think: "Glad I bought this!"
$137.50 for a 36" Crescent band saw. That was half of a two tool $275.00 deal. The other half was a Unisaw with a King E-Z stock feeder.
I'd been looking and asking for a deal on a Uni for months. I got a tip a few weeks after I bought one for $500 but couldn't pass on this deal. Thanks Woodnet!
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Best money ever spent on a machine? Very hard to say. You tell me. Maybe a vote.
1946 unisaw $250
2- Biesemeyer fences, with rails $2. for both! Last day garage sale. Anything $1.
Delta 14" band saw with riser  $65
Powermatic PM50 jointer, with solid carbide knives  $180
Dewalt 7790 12" ras  (stored after 1 yr old)  $100
Craftsman 100 stand up dp  $75
Delta Invicta 13" stationary planer $100
Shopsmith 10ER with jig saw, 3" planer attachment, and lathe chisels   $100
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
My subscriptions to a number of magazines and forums where I've researched the hell out of new purchases. I've avoided a number of lemons from the experience of great folks like yourselves and also made sure to 'buy once, cry once' on some particular fantastic tools.

As to specifics... I still smile when I turn on my MM16 BS, though it wasn't purchased at a discount, when I use my LV low angle block, or one of my ashley isles chisels.

There are a lot of great tools that help me do work and I owe the good folks of this forum either thanks or curses for helping me spend money
Wink wisely.

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
$250.00 for a Hammond glider.  Had to modify it for woodworking, but it was worth it tenfold.