Anyone use a tool cabinet as router table base?
For that kind of money I would get this: Rockler Steel Router Table Cabinet

I already did. The dust collection is superb and there are 2 places to install drawer brackets for two internal drawers. It comes with one of the sets of drawer brackets and you can order another. You have to provide your own ball bearing drawer glides. You can also install this safety switch in a pre-cut location in the right side. The cabinet has two wheels on one end and leveling feet on the other. The steel top under a router table prevents sagging. I love mine. I highly recommend it. The second photo below is the one in my shop.

[Image: 41427-05-1000.jpg]

[Image: myroutertable.jpg]
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
(05-06-2019, 02:55 PM)teetomterrific Wrote: For that kind of money I would get this: Rockler Steel Router Table Cabinet

I already did. The dust collection is superb and there are 2 places to install drawer brackets for two internal drawers. It comes with one of the sets of drawer brackets and you can order another. You have to provide your own ball bearing drawer glides. You can also install this safety switch in a pre-cut location in the right side. The cabinet has two wheels on one end and leveling feet on the other. The steel top under a router table prevents sagging. I love mine. I highly recommend it. The second photo below is the one in my shop.

[Image: 41427-05-1000.jpg]

[Image: myroutertable.jpg]

A much better idea.
Another vote for building your own cabinet.
I have made a couple dozen router tables over the years at all different shops for all different purposes.

Building the cabinet is two sheets of plywood for an elaborate unit. You have complete control over all dimensions, drawers, doors, etc.

I happen to have a Kreg Router Table as well. The legs set shown above is an excellent starting point. I left mine mostly open, but added a box sitting on the lower rails. This gives me a drawer big enough to store all the extra parts and accessories while keeping the dust out. The legs have not come loose since I built it about two years ago.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
My thinking was that the cabinet provided an amazing amount of storage space in a compact envelope, the length is perfect for the Incra fence too. After thinking it over and listening to you guys I'm going to build a table from scratch, something on the order of Norm's but modified for the Incra. One other issue I had was taking a pair of sheet metal shears to a brand new cabinet--just couldn't bring myself to do that.
So., in a few months or so I should have a new router table to show you all. Thanks for your thoughts,

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(05-13-2019, 08:03 PM)shoottmx Wrote: After thinking it over and listening to you guys I'm going to build a table from scratch, something on the order of Norm's but modified for the Incra. 

Bravo!

Lots of good table ideas online.
I’ve always thought this would make a good router cabinet quickly and inexpensively.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-30-in-W-...et/3411832

$135. Prob. is , it’s been discontinued. Some stores still have stock and clearance prices, making it a better deal if you can find one.
PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every second. Throwing money at a hobby isn't going to improve your wood working skills but even nailing a frame together will. The most expensive part of routing is buying good bits that get the job done, not the table.
(06-09-2019, 02:29 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every second. Throwing money at a hobby isn't going to improve your wood working skills but even nailing a frame together will. The most expensive part of routing is buying good bits that get the job done, not the table.

Tom,
Obviously you didn't read my last post.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone