Demo over bath tub
I would do a combination of plywood and if you're worried about the sheet and the 3/4-in fly not holding you over the tub then build some kind of support system under it but under all that I would drape a moving blanket over the tub to protect it which will do in my opinion and much better job than canvas or plastic. You can get them from harbor freight for next to nothing
(05-14-2019, 10:55 AM)Wipedout Wrote: I would do a combination of plywood and if you're worried about the sheet and the 3/4-in fly not holding you over the tub then build some kind of support system under it but under all that I would drape a moving blanket over the tub to protect it which will do in my opinion and much better job than canvas or plastic. You can get them from harbor freight for next to nothing
I have those 1/2" rubber tiles that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.  I think I will make a 3/4" ply top with a couple of 2 x 4s for legs in the middle.  

Thanks for the replies.

Cooler.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.