how many 4’ LED lights for 2 car garage?
(06-10-2019, 02:29 PM)joshua5 Wrote: just as the title asks. should i put in 4 or 6?  wondering if 6 would be too obnoxious?  needs to be bright but won’t be doing surgery. anyone have any experience?  thank you!

depends on where you put em.. which lights you are buying.. how much light you need, what wall ceiling and floor surfaces you have, and what 2 car means.... standard size, double deep, double wide...

my two car garage shop is 19' deep x 32' wide and 8 of these are perfect:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAE...UTF8&psc=1

What I did (approx):
Code:
.....|..................|...................|...................|.....
Note: I have grey walls, grey floors (concrete), and natural pine ceiling so medium amount of light reflection. If you have white walls floors and ceiling you'll want less light.

The lighting in my shop is approximately as bright as a sunny day when the sun is behind a soft white cloud. Which is perfect for me I don't want to have to put on sunglasses to walk into my shop lol.

Two end to end between the two cars. Then two near each outside wall parallel to the center two.

No hood shadows. Consider jumping to 9 lights.
I just purchased two 4 foot 10,000 LED linkable shop lights from Rockler to add above my work bench area and supplement existing general lighting. Ho Lee XXXX! Wow! So bright! Each fixture provides more light than one 4 bulb T-8 fluorescent fixture with daylight bulbs at a lower cost. Not a need to have this kind of power throughout but that could change with different needs.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
think I would use 4 of these.  

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/..._200679033

You need lights forward of the hood so that it illuminates the engine compartment when the hood is lifted.  And you probably want one to light up the trunk of the car.  

So two lights per car, minimum.  Fits a standard fixture and costs  $33.00 delivered.

[Image: 56890_2000x2000.jpg]

Note: I have four two bulb flourescent fixtures in my garage spanning the width of the garage. It is in the middle of the garage and it leaves both the engine and trunk of the car in a deep shadow. I added two 150 watt equivalent CFL lights to make checking the oil easier. But the original light placement was not wisely chosen (and I chose it).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Also remember the position of a open garage door blocking the lights.   Roly
(06-13-2019, 10:21 AM)Roly Wrote: Also remember the position of a open garage door blocking the lights.   Roly
I agree.  If I had to do over, I would have positioned the flourescent tubes to light the engine bays.  During the daytime the open garage provides plenty of light for the trunk, and I doubt I could move a light far enough back to light the contents of the trunk.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Find a lighting supply place in your area, they will have someone that can spec the fixtures and give you a drawing locating them.

Ed