Great granddaughter requested(Updated i August))

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Easy part is almost done. Have to pick yarn for mane and tail and decide how to install mane. Either dado the neck and string the yarn to a strip and glue in dado or drill holes in neck and make plugs of yarn to glue in holes. Pad and cover saddle in something. Prime and paint body/head(white) and decide what decorations(pink)---maybe a paint design.

Make ears and horn and mount.

(07-09-2019, 10:29 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Debating on how to do the ears and unicorn horn. I know they need to be soft but also need to stand up. One idea(LOML sews) is to use a small spring covered in cloth. Going to use rainbow yarn for the mane and tail, so may use that for the horn.

Any other ideas?

I could turn a rounded horn for you out of wood so there is no sharp point and you can let her color the horn in rainbow colors.

Let me know and I will make one for you.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-11-2019, 01:34 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I could turn a rounded horn for you out of wood so there is no sharp point and you can let her color the horn in rainbow colors.

Let me know and I will make one for you.

Thank's but I will make a horn/ears with hi density foam since there is also a toddler in the house. Hopefully the only injuries would be a pinched finger.
Uhoh
(07-09-2019, 10:29 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Debating on how to do the ears and unicorn horn. I know they need to be soft but also need to stand up. One idea(LOML sews) is to use a small spring covered in cloth. Going to use rainbow yarn for the mane and tail, so may use that for the horn.

Any other ideas?

Drive by suggestion : pool noodle

Instead of a spring, carve up a pool noodle to fit in the "sock". Or wrap the noodle in yarn.

Not sure however of method to carve the noodle. Probably can't turn it on a lathe. Hot wire knife or just really sharp knife maybe?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I do have a piece of .75" or 1" UHMW I can do it with if that is what you are looking for.  I think it is 6' long so I should have enough.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
    Saddle covered, waiting trim

Gloss white

Holes for installing mane