How would you oscillate this?
I have a 220V squirrel cage that came from an air conditioning unit that I want to use in my shop with summer coming. It moves some serious air. I can mount it on a platform that allows me to manually position it but I'm interested in fabbing some sort of mount that will allow it to oscillate through 140* or so.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

THIS
Hang it from the ceiling by a 5 foot long 1/2" diameter nylon rope.

It will move around on its own - much more than the desired 140 degrees - probably.

Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(06-27-2019, 06:26 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Hang it from the ceiling by a 5 foot long 1/2" diameter nylon rope.

It will move around on its own - much more than the desired 140 degrees - probably.

Winkgrin
I'd like to watch that!!!!!
Laugh
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Remember to check the amperage draw against nameplate full load amps.  Without some air restriction it may be overloaded.   Roly
(06-27-2019, 06:48 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: .......................
I'd like to watch that!!!!!
Laugh

I would recommend a distance of slightly more than 5 feet.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(06-27-2019, 06:21 PM)cams2705 Wrote: THIS

That's too simple!

(06-27-2019, 06:26 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Hang it from the ceiling by a 5 foot long 1/2" diameter nylon rope.

Winkgrin

That might be fun.
(06-27-2019, 08:09 PM)Roly Wrote: Remember to check the amperage draw against nameplate full load amps.  Without some air restriction it may be overloaded.   Roly

I'll likely put a filter or two over it so it can double as a windstorm AND fine dust collection.
Semper fi,
Brad

Cripes you are not thinking right grasshopper.

Have your wife hold it and tell here to move around for your best comfort.
Smirk
Smirk
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Oh the things an ole leather neck has to endure.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Wink 
(06-28-2019, 09:41 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Cripes you are not thinking right grasshopper.

Have your wife hold it and tell here to move around for your best comfort.
Smirk
Smirk
Laugh

Make sure all sharp corners are removed.   We all know where it would wind up  
Big eek     Roly