How do I warn other members of a scammer without Administrator intervention
(07-02-2019, 10:30 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Thanks, but I can read.
Winkgrin

Yes but can you interpret what is meant as well.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-02-2019, 03:19 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Yes but can you interpret what is meant as well.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Yes Arlin.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-02-2019, 02:37 PM)Eric Commarato Wrote: Well there you go, that says it all, thanks for posting I will take this under consideration.

I'm a little confused here. You've laid out your story and from others here who have knowledge of this fellow, it seems to be legit. You've also gotten an interpretation of the applicable federal statute from an attorney here, which seems to be pretty straight forward, but yet you seem reluctant to go after this guy???

I'd be all over his arse like white on rice, just on principle alone! YMMV.

Doug
The heck with principles. $275 is a lot of money to lose. I would go after this.

MichaelAL last posted on 6/28/2019. I'd give him a couple more days to respond then notify the authorities per the post by the attorney above.

carl
(07-02-2019, 11:46 PM)Tapper Wrote: I'm a little confused here. You've laid out your story and from others here who have knowledge of this fellow, it seems to be legit. You've also gotten an interpretation of the applicable federal statute from an attorney here, which seems to be pretty straight forward, but yet you seem reluctant to go after this guy???

Doug

Me too. IMHO, 6 months is a very long time. 6 Days maybe. Not only would I want my money back, I'd want to do what I could to let the person know that fraud isn't tolerated here. If I had a problem shipping something or realized I couldn't ship the product (if it even exists) at the agreed price. I'd probably eat the difference and chalk it up to a lesson learned. My word is the only thing in my life that I can control and the only thing I and others can rely on if I'm in a real bind. Not sure how any decent person could disagree with that. Even if I refunded the money, I'd feel like I didn't hold up my end of the agreement. I would certainly file a complaint with the USPS. This is mail fraud. Maybe he'll think twice about defrauding the next guy at the very least.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(07-02-2019, 11:46 PM)Tapper Wrote: I'm a little confused here. You've laid out your story and from others here who have knowledge of this fellow, it seems to be legit. You've also gotten an interpretation of the applicable federal statute from an attorney here, which seems to be pretty straight forward, but yet you seem reluctant to go after this guy???

Doug

Doug,

The intent of this post was originally not to go after the guy, but to warn others of his dealings.  I didn't want this post to turn into a circus and have the Moderator lock the post.  I do plan to fill out the USPS electronic form for mail fraud.  I am planning to do this off the forum by email with this seller.  This forum isn't a place for blame or bickering, it is a forum where we sell and buy.  Again, I just wanted to let others know to steer clear of him...am I mad, angry?  HELL YES!
Eric
I hate to be a pessimist here; but, while what happened may meet the technical definition of mail fraud, $275 isn't going to get the Fed's attention. The OP will probably get a shrug and a "We'll look into it," nothing more. If he could show that the bad guy has a pattern of doing this and has defrauded a number of people, that would be a different story. Economics rears its ugly head here. The Feds aren't going to roll out the big guns for a single $275 event. I think the OP would do well to ID the bad guy on this forum for the benefit of all of us and make a report to the Postmaster, but be prepared to write this off as a life lesson.

I'm sorry this happened to Eric. It sucks.

My $.02.

Hank
(07-03-2019, 06:41 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Me too. IMHO, 6 months is a very long time. 6 Days maybe. Not only would I want my money back, I'd want to do what I could to let the person know that fraud isn't tolerated here. If I had a problem shipping something or realized I couldn't ship the product (if it even exists) at the agreed price. I'd probably eat the difference and chalk it up to a lesson learned. My word is the only thing in my life that I can control and the only thing I and others can rely on if I'm in a real bind. Not sure how any decent person could disagree with that. Even if I refunded the money, I'd feel like I didn't hold up my end of the agreement. I would certainly file a complaint with the USPS. This is mail fraud. Maybe he'll think twice about defrauding the next guy at the very least.

I completely agree with your statement above!
Eric
(07-03-2019, 07:42 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I hate to be a pessimist here; but, while what happened may meet the technical definition of mail fraud, $275 isn't going to get the Fed's attention. The OP will probably get a shrug and a "We'll look into it," nothing more. If he could show that the bad guy has a pattern of doing this and has defrauded a number of people, that would be a different story. Economics rears its ugly head here. The Feds aren't going to roll out the big guns for a single $275 event. I think the OP would do well to ID the bad guy on this forum for the benefit of all of us and make a report to the Postmaster, but be prepared to write this off as a life lesson.  

I'm sorry this happened to Eric. It sucks.

My $.02.

Hank

Yes Hank, as I mentioned in one of these replies, $275 is a drop in the bucket, a couple steak dinners, which this guy probably enjoyed on my dime.  But now if it were $2,750.00 that is a different animal.  He has however caused issues with another member here I know of as a fact, so that makes two of us.
Eric
(07-03-2019, 07:46 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: Yes Hank, as I mentioned in one of these replies, $275 is a drop in the bucket, a couple steak dinners, which this guy probably enjoyed on my dime.  But now if it were $2,750.00 that is a different animal.  He has however caused issues with another member here I know of as a fact, so that makes two of us.

A little off topic but just to validate your statement. I've been a victim of identity theft three times in the last two years. Each time you have to file a police report before the identity theft restoration company can do anything. It's all a big pain but what burns me is that the police won't even investigate unless you were defrauded of $500,000.00 or more! I would imagine mail fraud is somewhat similar.