Review of the NE PLUS ULTRA dovetail saw mfg. by the Elysium Saw Works (Pete Taran)
Well, I have acquired the file and a Blackburn Rakemaker II, but no, not yet. Still looking for a victim, I mean a saw that I won't feel bad about destroying in my first attempts!. I'm on it, just not going to set any speed records.

(07-26-2019, 11:59 AM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: Philip,

No report back yet...have you tried to file a saw?

Alan
Phillip

If you can see your way to coming to Indy, I will help you with learning the filing.
Mike: That is quite generous. Perhaps I could make it an Indy 500 & sharpening weekend! Phil

(07-27-2019, 07:07 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Phillip

If you can see your way to coming to Indy, I will help you with learning the filing.
(07-26-2019, 06:57 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Well, I have acquired the file and a Blackburn Rakemaker II, but no, not yet.

(07-26-2019, 06:57 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Still looking for a victim, I mean a saw that I won't feel bad about destroying in my first attempts!.

The good news is you can't destroy it, and even if you did, you have 3 of the same style saw.

Anyway, I'm in no way trying to be a thorn in your backside, so will leave you be, but do consider learning how to sharpen your saw. Before you can do that you need to get over the thought that you can destroy it.

Cheers,
Alan
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.