Trisecting Any Angle
Whether precise or wishy washy or whether it follows the rules or doesn't, I don't care. Either way, for shop work it is a good tool and, again, I thank the OP for reminding us of it.
I think there are some people here that need to get a life. Trisecting an angle is easy, you'd be amazed how accurate the human eye and brain can be.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(07-05-2019, 08:51 AM)Willyou Wrote: I'm reminded of a story about a professor who frequently used the term "for all intents and purposes...".

Engineering, yes; math, no.   
Wink

Tails first.
I must ask: what’s angle AOC?
This thread approaches her intellect.

Big Grin
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I love math.

That is very basic geometry (Well to me anyway) and I loved it in junior high.  Of course back then in 6th Grade they made me do pre-algebra first and never understood why unless it was just showing how to do the math figures.  I knew Geometry before algebra and it made so much sense and easy to do.

Of course I had a good math teacher back in 2nd grade who told the students to remember "Fractions are your friends"  He made a lot of sense.

You have to go back to Galois Theory and he was a very interesting individual too.

Edit to add:  I remember me asking about the line going on to infinity but do not remember what we discussed in the class.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I could never distinguish between a ruler and straight edge.  If both had a straight edge then they serve the same purpose.  Just because one has hash marks or numbers the edge is still the same.  Where it differs is how it is used for.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Why do you need to trisect an angle?
VH07V