For Admiral's eyes especially
(07-11-2019, 08:07 AM)Admiral Wrote: I absolutely love that story.  He is direct, doesn't mince words, but just answers the question presented.  Reminds me of when I got hopelessly lost on back roads in Vermont's NEK, and asked a farmer if he knew how to get to Island Pond, all he said was "yup" and got back on his tractor....

I love all the comments. I am that way, wonder if it is a generation thing. 

Tom
(07-13-2019, 08:57 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am that way, wonder if it is a generation thing. 

Tom

I think it is, but its also cultural. I work for a Finnish company, and the Finns have a real economy of speech, no wasted words, just enough to answer the question.  The rest of my Vermont story was that day we had borrowed a pickup to go fishing from my brother's wife's uncle, who lived there, and in trying to find our way back we must have gathered some attention (small town) as the uncle had gotten more than one phone call telling him that there's two guys driving around in your pickup!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis